• What do I need to do a 2 inch body lift? do I have to get a motor mount lift, or is it just a long term type good idea? also wondering about the fan shroud. do these adjust easily?

I'd like to get away with putting the BL on for he time being and then getting to whatever else might be helpful trail wise since I won't be out for a few months anyway.

thanks
    Sean

• the hardest part of doing a bl is getting your steering shaft to lengthen cause it is probable frozen in place, now they do slid its just getting it to want to slid. the fan shroud stays put but you drop the whole radiator with the harware they give you. other than that its very simple just be sure to soak the body bolts in wd-40 a couple days ahead of time cause if you snap one, esspecialy the rear two,(which i did, twice) they are next to impossible to get out
    HTH

• pretty sure he has an Unlimited.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• arent the rear brake lines mounted on the frame, but speaking of brakes you will need to get a longer hose going to the brake booster

• well all the brake lines off the master cylinder are hard lines
    those are the ones u have to pay attention to if u move the body up more than one inch

• its not that you need brake work done, you just need to pay attention to the lines and if they need to take them out of the clips that hold them to the frame and you should be fine. ive done three so far and the only brake work that needs to be done is the longer brake booster hose 1.29$ at pepboys

• yeah ull be fine with a one inch b/l

there should be more than enough slack
    in the brake booster hose to lift an inch

the clips that hold the front brake hose to the frame will not be affected by a b/l

just pay attention to the hard lines if u want to go with a 2" or 3"
    b/l

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!