'99 Grand... Dana 30 Q's

• My moms '99 Grand has some issues...

I believe it to be bearing related, possible second culprit is the ??CV??

Whats up with the CV type thingy? Regular looking D30 but appears to have a CV where the u-joint should be. :shrug:

My real question is about the bearings...
    I couldn't really get under there last night to check things out too well, but it appears to have the same, or similar, unit bearing as a YJ/TJ. Is this correct, or are the bearings serviceable?

I'm so glad I'll be rid of unit bearings and central disconnect soon! :D

Anyway, thanks in advance.

• Quote from "Rob Smith"

My real question is about the bearings...
    I couldn't really get under there last night to check things out too well, but it appears to have the same, or similar, unit bearing as a YJ/TJ. Is this correct, or are the bearings serviceable?

They are similar to YJ/TJ, non servicable. Sorry ::xmasunhappy

• The shafts replace just like standard u-joint shafts and if the wheel bearings are bad you have to buy the assembly.

• so I looked a few places and the years stop at -98... and no ABS.

Hers is a '99 and has ABS. Is this a dealer only part?

• anyone?

'99 Grand w/ABS unit bearings... dealer only?

Really dont want to send my moms off to the dealer to get 'em if they can be had cheaper elswhere.

• I don't know if you are a member of BMJA, but if you are Brian Moyer at County Chrysler will give you a substaintial discount and ship the parts. He will also spend some time with you on the phone to see if the older shafts might work for you.

County: 610-562-5174 ask for Parts and then ask them for Brian Moyer

HTH,
    Aaron

• Quote from "Rob Smith"

not a member, but thanks.

If I get a chance I can call him to see what he can get the parts for. Bug me tomorrow if you do not hear from me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!