Headlight Issues

• A while back I noticed when I hit the hi beams, they sometimes came on and sometimes didn't (went black) and I had have no hi beam signal showing on dash which I did in the past. Got lucky through inspection that they worked but figured I should fix them. Where should I start? Don't think it is a bulb issue since theywould work sometimes? Fuse maybe? Thanks!

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Sounds like a short to me if they work intermintently. Usually in a short the ground gets messed up but I wouldn't want to track that back. Make sure the lights are secure and in the housing nice and tight. Could be when you are riding they aren't connecting well but they should mess up on low beams though. Then check the fuse. Then the hard part of tracing for a short. Throw a meter on there and make sure your getting the correct voltage when your high beams are on.

• Check your high beam switch. It may be melting down.

Also, pull the connections off the lights, and pull the wires out from the rubber block they go into (you'll need to insert a small screw driver in through the front to bend a little tab down). Once you get them off you may see some corrosion (green stuff). You'll want to clean all that off. Also, make sure the you are getting tight fit onto the head light tab. Theses seem to stretch over time. A slight squeeze with some pliers will make for a tight fit again.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!