• Besides the squeeking of my leaf packs, I think I need some new shocks (I still may be running the originals with 150K miles) :wstupid:

Where is a good place to get them and a price range...Don't need anything crazy as I don't drive the jeep too often, yet....

I did a 2 inch shackle lift but that should not affect the length of the schock, correct???

It looks as if they are pretty easy to do so maybe a project Friday as I am off...

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Ranchos are readily available. I run them and have been happy. The Parts Plus in Newport used to stock them.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I also have 4 stock shocks off a 2005 wrangler if you want them, under 10,000 miles on them. Will practically give them away.

• Don't forget to break out the Dremel to cut off the nut on the front shocks. I played around with trying to hold the shock with a pipewrench for 2 hrs before the idea of just cutting off the nut hit me :sniffle:

kjb :driving:

• Thanks joo and johnnyo, let me check and see if they will fit...all about doing things the most cost effective (cheap) way!!

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• go to sears or ntb and get a set of monroe's. also a 2" shackle lift will certainly effect the length of shock you need.

If you want to go aftermarket, skyjacker, rancho or black diamond make a decent shock

• Dont waist your money on a set of stock used Jeep shocks. I may still have a set laying around that you can have with 3000 miles on them. I would think rather than waisting the time to bolt some factory junk cause those bolts are gonna be rusted bad. I would just buck up the $100 and get good ones and be done with it. That is until you decide to go bigger and need longer ones again :innocent: ...

• Quote from "jeepartie"

go to sears or ntb and get a set of monroe's. also a 2" shackle lift will certainly effect the length of shock you need.

If you want to go aftermarket, skyjacker, rancho or black diamond make a decent shock

Im not so sure I would agree with that... Ive had a 2" shackle lift for going on 3 years and running the original shocks on my 94 with no problems.. i think they are getting ready to rust out.. but at 160000??? miles thats not too bad..
    btw artie the tires are great but the rims are flakeing.. what kind of paint did you use?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!