Cutting flares

• I installed the EGR 6.5" Flares on my jeep with 32x11.5" Tires on 3.75" bs wheels. I had the shara flares but i sold them for wider ones and these are bothering me because of the width, it just looks too wide. I would like to trim the a bit maybe an inch or so. Have any of you guys done this and how do I go about going it. Also I am thinkig about going for that flat fender look.

Or does any one have a set of flares to sell me?

Thanks-Christiaan

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/760016

• I don't see how you could trim them without having it look crappy. You might look at wheel spacers or just wider tires.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• if you are trimming to lose the width then i don't think you can do it without ruining the flare completely. taking it off the outer edge would lose the lip and taking it off the inner edge would lose the thicker mating surface needed for mounting to the jeep. maybe someone in here would like to swap you back for stock flares?
    chris

**saw that you said you are thinking about that "flat-fendered look". shaving the outer edge on the front flares can accomplish that. not sure about the rear flares though.

• Most of the rigidity in the flare is created by the outer edge. If you shave that completely it will be too flimsy.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!