Cold Air Intake

• If I put a 4.0 throttle body on a 2.5 engine, which cold air intake kit do I order? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to order the one for a 2.5L engine or a 4.0 engine. :question:

TIA for any help!!

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• The best "intake" for a 2.5L ie Cheapest is to get an air tube from a 4.0, and get a cone filter to go on the end. You should be able to find the airtube for free or very cheap and the cone filter can be purchased at Pepboys for $20.00. Gives you the exact same effect as a "cold air" intake and it doesnt hurt the wallet too bad.

• for a real cold air intake setup you would run the intake filter somewhere outside of the engine bay away from the heat and into usually the lower fender wells or bumpers but thats usually only on cars from my experience....what turtle said is the most cost effective way for your situation and a lessor risk of sucking up water besideds a snorkel setup or the stock enclosed setup

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• sara i have the setup that turtle is refering too. If was really easy to do and like he said it is cheap.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• OK, so no matter what setup I use for the air intake/dam/etc., I need a 4.0 tube coming off the 4.0 TB on a 2.5 engine. Just making sure I understand what I need. :shrug:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• If you have the 4.0 throttle body, then use the 4.0 air tube. I was referring to using a stock 4.0 air tube, they are way different than the 2.5L one, and almost resemble an aftermarket air tube. Just not as blingy, I don't see the point in spending 200+ dollars on an intake that gives you 0 performance gains when you can spend $20.00 and get the same effect.

• Thanks for the help!! :spinrhead:

• r u referrring to a cold air intake
    and not the engine intake right ?

yeah cheapest way would be to do what turtle said
    find a tube and get a cone k&n or the like
    i have a setup like that if u want to see it lmk

• Quote from "omaha"

sara i have the setup that turtle is refering too. If was really easy to do and like he said it is cheap.

did it make any difference???

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

yeah a cold air kit
    like i said i have one if u want to see it
    so u can see how its done
    lmk

did it make a difference??
    do you have any pics?
    im interested.. but im up north..

• if it did make a difference
    i didnt notice it
    i did notice it sounds better that count.....lol
    ill take a few pics for u in the am

or if quadna has some maybe hell post in the mean time
    i got my setup from him

• maybe a little but in all reality with out an exhaust system i really dont think it did much.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!