a small fab'ing project, anyone?

• a while back, I found an awesome custom CB antenna mount for XJs, but the guy who made it only made 25 of them, and they sold pretty quickly.

here's the thread about them with a couple pictures. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52566 they mount behind the drivers side tail lights.

I'm getting tired of the mag-mount antenna getting knocked off by low branches (like every 15 feet at the Pine Barrens), so... can any of you make one for me? DrJ suggested that I ask on here and goto AtoZ or somebody if nobody here can do it. the guy on the NAXJA was selling his for $20, how much would you ask for?

I have no metal skills, so.. I'd be extremely greatful :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• That looked plastic to me for some reason. I have the side flares I never used when I bought my Bushwhacker pocket flares. The side flares were for YJs. You're welcome to them if you want to play around to make something.

I think they corner of the flare will be rigid enough to work.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I think it would have to be metal to get a good ground. I could be wrong though.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I was thinking of that too but I know my antennae has a plastic joint between the antennae connection and the wire and the connection is where it mounts to the Jeep. I can always pick up people on my CB and I'm pretty sure they can hear me as well. Did you guys hear me on the Dec. trail ride at Paragon?

I'd be willing to try it out of steel too but I doubt I can make it as clean as that. I probably have the scrap around.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• anybody up for it? :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Quote from "whatevah"

anybody up for it? :D

I've been waiting for you to pm me or something. I'm busy tomorrow though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

I've been waiting for you to pm me or something. I'm busy tomorrow though.

he is just clueless sometimes... thats all John...
    :safeyet

just kidding jerry

• Jerry, If you can make a sketch of the bracket in 2 or 3 views, include dimensions and thickness of metal, I can help you.
    Simon

• who ever was making them for $20 must of had time and scrap on their hands. Thats a good deal. The trip to billy warrens for stainless wouldn't be worth it for our shop to make and make money. Very cool project, though.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!