XJ Budget Boost Advice

• So I got a new Jeep, I picked up a 2000 XJ with low miles in great shape. It needs tires and I want to bump the size up a bit so I plan to get a budget boost.

I want to go with a spacer and shackle boost. Anyone have any experience with the Rusty's XJ spacer and shackle budget boost?

I was also wondering if anyone was running Rusty's Hydro shocks and how they compare to Stock Shocks , Doestch Tech and Old Man Emu?

Also if I am gonna add Bar Pin Eliminators fron and rear, should I run the stock length shock or shock length for 2" lift?

With a 1.75" or 2" lift what is the largest metric tire size I can fit on stock 16x7 rims without trimming or rubbing? Would it be 245/70R16, 245/75R16 or 255/70R16?

Anyone have a recommendations, I am new to XJ world. Any assistance would be great.

Thanks,
    Steve

• As far as budget boost go, any kit is fine because Its only a budget boost...There aint a whole lot Involved...

Rusty's would be fine, I also think RE makes a nice budget boost, Im sure Bob Suplee would get you a great price on. Go with either the Rustys or the RE6160 If your set on a budget boost, Its add leafs rather and blocks or shackle, and It comes with shocks.

If you go with BPE's It will add about 1", you shouldnt need new shocks, but hey If a kit comes with them that cant hurt....but I wouldnt go out and buy new shocks unless your stockies are shot. If you run both that shouldnt hurt either, Just flex and make sure your not over compressing them, If so bumpstop accordingly.

Either way go with a shackle or add leafs, stay away from the blocks cause they will prematurley wear your stock pack.

As far as tires...you should clear a 30x9.50 easily, and a 31x10.50 you could clear with a tiny bit of trimming, nothing to serious...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!