Trail Report for 4/1 Pine Barrens ride

• In spite of the short notice of the trip, we had 8 Jeeps on the trail at one point. :driving: My thanks to cj7taz, JC1121 (and mascots), JeepRubicon, Joo (and Alex), Zeke (and brother), jeepgnome and KC (and friends) for coming out and having some fun with me.

I met up with Josh, Andrew, Jen and Tom outside Mikes after playing the requisite April Fools joke on Josh. :) We loaded up and had an uneventful ride on I-295, then suffered through the NJ road system (how hard is it to make a turn lane???) before meeting up with Carl, Klarrisa and Ken at Wawa.

(it's hard to describe the route we took do to the lack of trail names, but I'll see what I can do.) After getting munchies and fuel, we went into the forest and did some easy trails with a little bit of water in them, and dragged Josh and Ken through a couple tricky spots. After getting used to the Pine Barren trails, we crossed over Rt 206 to find some more fun trails and took the obligatory poser shot by an Ocean Spray blueberry (cranberry?) field. We then went looking for some water to play in, and found some fun ones, but nothing too hard. A few hundred whoop-dee-doo hills later, we made it back to Rt 206 and passed the ranger station on our way to Hampton Rd.

Once on Hampton, we stopped by one of the many small lakes and had lunch and said farewell to Carl. After tossing the leftovers for the squirrels and the Jersey Devil to munch on, we went down to the old Hampton Furnace and did a quick look-see at the ruins of the old building. A little further down, we slowed to let a few people play in a sandpit and made our way down a few twisting trails through an area that had a forest fire a few years ago. After rolling through the burnt-out area, we stopped by the infamous Quarter Mile. A few strap pulls (stuck: Me, Jen, Ken, pull: Jen, me, ?), de-watering an I-6 motor and one winch excercise (stuck: Andrew), we made it as far as we were going to go for the day, and turned around. Well, after I and Andrew pulled the stock TJ out of the long mudpit in the rain. *drip drip*

We left the area and made our way to the High Crossing area and went through a few water holes and passed a horse, then it passed us when we stopped to watch everybody try a kinda-deep puddle. After going through yet another tricky puddle, we made our way to Carranza Rd and navigated the milliion and 3 whoop-dee-do hills between Carranza Rd and the fire watch tower. A few pictures later, we realized the stock TJ had lost a hose on its radiator and was loosing precious fluids. It was patched up the best it could be and we left. A few minutes later, we stopped again as the patch job fell apart and for the 3rd time of the day, the tools come out. After getting it patched up, we poured in what water we had, and made our way back to Carranza Rd. Another stop to put more water into the radiator, and we made it to Carranza Rd and made our way back to civilization and cell reception!

We stopped off at an auto parts store for Ken to buy a gallon of antifreeze and took a few pictures and chatted. After saying "byebye" to Ken and Klarissa (and friends) and made our way back to I-295 to go back to home sweet home. We road in a small convoy until we got back to the toll plaza and started to split up and go our different ways. A few minutes later I'm home, and washing the mud off my hands and typing this post.

pictures coming soon, and I expect that Zeke will post his video clips on google shortly.

let me know if I missed anything, or confused names with the recovery events. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thank you Jerry for putting this run together and leading it, for the second weekend in a row, I had a blast jeeping there.

Putting top down before getting on highway coming home = bad idea! It was pretty cold.

I'll post videos once I get a chance to edit them, but it seems like google has a 3 day lag time getting videos live, so sit tight. Maybe we should start bit-torrenting the videos.... =)

• thanks jeery for leding the way
    had a good time

custom pin striping provided by wharton
    ill get it cleaned up tomorrow

then ill have to get it detailed

(man did i get stuck)

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

(man did i get stuck)

:laughabove:

but it was fun getting stuck, right? :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Thanks for letting my little jeep tag along, and thanks to those who helped patch me up to limp home.

2" BB, Skid plates and tires are all on the list now, along with some new hose clamps.

• hehe don't forget... mine's stock, too :)

which stealership put on those hoses? gotta add it to my "don't go here" list.

Jerry / Whatevah

• KC posted a few of hers here... http://www.mojeepin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3344#3344 (she's not on the DEJA forum, Joo and I know her)

I'm going through the ones my brother took... 400+, 392 after deleting the extra blurry ones... this'll be a while to edit them down to a more managable number. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• and finally... pics from my camera -> http://www.delawareja.com/gall…perpage=18&sort=7&cat=795

they're all low-res so I could upload them faster... let me know if you want a larger version of any of them. :up: enjoy!

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!