2" Lift recommendations for TJ

• Following the addition of a few skid plates, I'd like to install a 2" lift on my '97 TJ

Can you recommend a particular mfg. and model?

Thanks

This is a daily driver and I may be commuting 2hrs a day in the future, so I want to keep the lift modest but trail worthy.

• i would go with a budget boost. skyjacker, rubicon express, teraflex make them. they are just coil spacers and shocks. work great for a first lift and daily driver (same springs)

that was my first lift. paired with a set of 31's it was great off road.

they run about 250 bucks and take only a couple hours to install

• yeah, it's in his avatar... it looks great getting pulled out of a mudhole, doesn't it? ;)

it doesn't really matter which brand you get for the budget boost, since they all use pretty much the same plastic for the spacers. If you do a little research, you might find differences in the shocks, but they'll all be about the same unless you want to spend top $$$ for a super fancy set.

I've ridden in Joo's TJ and it felt great... just smelled a little :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• id go for the OME 2" lift that comes with new shocks and springs....OME rides very well<-----i am considering this one :suspicious:

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• i agree
    a BB will give u a taller ride hieght and wont do anything for flex

skyjacker makes a kit that is 2.5
    aswell as OME
    and then u r ready to go taller
    u will have a better resale value with the springs then say the
    BB

not saying BB dont work
    just not well enough b/c u retain the factory springs with them

• IMO for the money of either of those kits you would be better off going with a 4 inch kit

• as an owner of the skyjacker 2.5 i would tend to agree with mellowyellow
    its a great kit, but i looking back i should have gotten the 4".

i'm currently upgrading all the of the components of the lift kit to the 4" kit. the only thing i have left is the springs. i have 1.25" blocks ontop of the springs now. if your going to run 31s or 32s, 4" lift IMO isn't too much.

once the lift bug bites you, you'll never be satisfied with 2.5 standard lift from either company.

• come on guys....he only wants a 2" BB, remember? even the OME will net him a good 3". bang for the buck the RE budget boost is hard to beat. if ride quality is the priority, then replace the DT shocks when ordering with some old man emu shocks. with some spacers and a good set of longer travel shocks your jeep will take you much further than stock. plus, you will still be low enough to keep you away from all the other problems a larger lift creates such as an sye, control arms, steering issues, etc.
    chris

• sorry your right...

i just put a 2"BB in my dads TJ from teraflex and the shocks from my 2.5 lift. i think the spacers and bump stops were like 120.

he's pleased with the appearance and ride height on 31s.

• Quote from "MellowYellow"

IMO for the money of either of those kits you would be better off going with a 4 inch kit

wow so true
    i didnt realize how much those short sets go for

chris i was just trying to make sure he was aware of the options
    no harm no foul

blocks are blocks
    so really it comes down to shocks

• from what i understand from bob supplee...correct me if im wrong, but the RE spacers are not TRUE 2 inches.... but Teraflex is. That would be the only reason I got mine as teraflex....oh and it was cheaper...

I have the Doestech(sp?) shocks...there a bit rougher than stock but I don't mind it. Like everyone else said, if your concerned about ride, get some OME shocks.

Here's a before and after of mine.

BEFORE
    28in tires, 15 inch rumz

AFTER- 2in BB and a 1in BL...on 32's. I could prolly fit 33's with longer bump stops

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!