building again

• well after twisting the rear axle in my jeep da mutt in january the plan was to take the spare housing and swapping over the guts and welding the tubes with a truss and tossing it back in to see how long it would last.... well that as always has changed now I am going into a 2 part project the first part is taking the rear axle and swapping all the stuff over to the newt axle and then swapping it into my wifes yj. it is currently 4 in sua suspension on 33s in the next few weeks I hope to have it spoa with scout 44 rear locked with a detroit and 4.88s and the stock hp dana 30 with the m.o.r.e hysteer conversion and tru trac with matching 4.88s and 35 bfgs should be a good daily driver for her and we can wheel it mildly while I put my new axles in da mutt

I am planning on putting a chevy dana 60 front axle with hysteer and hydro assit, 5.13 gears and arb front and a 3 link with pan hard suspension, 14 bolt in the rear with detroit matching 5.13 gears and disc brakes with a home brew double triangulated 4 link rear I am going to twin stick the np205 and add cutting breaks to the rear for front digs. fuel cell behind the factory rear seat streach the back 8ins and the front 2 ins for a 104 wheel base plan on running 5.5 re coils and then roll it out on 39*13.5*17 irocs. body cut to fit of course but I don't think I will need much.

allot of the wifes parts are ont he way and the front axle is out. I probably wont do to much as far as progress pics and the like with hers as it is mostly a simple spoa build but I am hoping on putting a pretty good write up together for damutts build

• I will be out in the garage on tuesday afternoon and probably all day wensday and most of the day thursday setting up gears and figureing out my first sye install

• well I got dawns front axle done tonight. 4.88 locked with a tru trac, M.O.R.E hysteer system, new ball joints, and new rotors and pads. its still sitting on 235 75 15s to keep it level witht he jack stands but its on suspension in the front. I got the power steering pump mounted and ready and the gear box is ready to go in so the front is almost completly done and all that is left is the back axle, anti wrap bar, swap to 21 gallon tank with new gague and the sye.... yeah all that is left. right

hey joe if you got monday or tuesday off I will be out there both days hopefully

• The headline in the Delaware State News will read:

Delaware Correctional Officer Arrested Attempting to Steal Axles Off Front End Loader at Construction Site.

Can I be the getaway driver?

• arnt front end loaders independent suspension they suck.... I like 1 tons well of course I like 2.5 tons ton and 5 tons ah shit as long as I cant pick up the axle myself and carry it I like them

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

hey joe if you got monday or tuesday off I will be out there both days hopefully

Got Monday off so I'll swing by. What time are you going to start?

• early iam sure. not sure what the game planis yet it just all depends on what I get done between now and then

• well the wifes is on the road I have a vibration that may be the front drive shaft and it has torque steer from he!! with the 4.88s and detroit in the rear I think a antiwrap bar should help with this alot and have it just need to get it put in. I want to thank all of you that have helped me with this project and want to let you know that the next one is getting ready to start next week

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

well the wifes is on the road I have a vibration that may be the front drive shaft and it has torque steer from he!! with the 4.88s and detroit in the rear I think a antiwrap bar should help with this alot and have it just need to get it put in. I want to thank all of you that have helped me with this project and want to let you know that the next one is getting ready to start next week

torque steer?

It' the homemade spacer :razz:

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

I want to thank all of you that have helped me with this project and want to let you know that the next one is getting ready to start next week

Is that my front or rear axle :innocent:

• :up: :up: :up:

LOOKIN' GOOD Tony

I'll bet Dawn's happy. You should put those photos in the DeJA Jeep Girl/Guy pics contest.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

Edited once, last by ().

• Lookin real good Tony :up:

I second the option of putting those in the Jeep girl contest. :peace:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "cj7taz"

looks good tony.. how do you like the hi steer setup??

i guess that is what mine will look like this winter..

seems to work real nice no bumpsteer what so ever rides real nice with the spring over.... I think I will be happy with it while I build mine again

• well the hummer rims and 38.5 tsl sxs are here so hopfully I can get them put together in the next few days and hopefully by hte end of next week damutt will be sittign on her new axles and tires and rims... of course I have to pull it all back out and paint it and gear and lock it but it will give me a sense of size

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!