2" Higher

• After 2 days of work my Jeep is finally two inches higher thanks to a Skyjacker Budget Boost. In the process I managed to destroy one socket wrench. Its got Hydro shocks, 31 Dunlop A/T's and I'm waiting for the next trail ride. :driving:

The shocks are nice for anyone looking for replacments I would recommended them.

• Looks good, Ken!!

Now we have to do something about those bling wheels. I'll bet Jodie (Flutterby) would take them off your hands for a good price.

j/k both of you

:spinrhead:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• hey another 4 banger cool man it looks great

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Quote from "omaha"

hey another 4 banger cool man it looks great

Hey, I just realized that the three of us represent the first 3 years of the TJ and the last 3 years of the millenium. 4-bangers unite!!!

I came across a reference to a Jeep website a couple weeks ago something like 4 bangers united, but I sure can't find it if it exists.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• yeah i have been there a few times but never really posted seriously.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Yeah, I'm looking at black steelies as my one next purchase. Those wheels came with it when I bought it.

In a way I kinda like the wheels, different from everybody elses.

• I know what you mean about the wheels. I hated mine when I first got my Jeep. I didn't know they were actually Cherokee wheels. I've kinda grown fond of them since no one else has them on a Wrangler and also 'cos now they're all scratched and dirty from the beach and trail rides and not so blingy. For some reason they also look better after I lifted her.

Unfortunately I can't use them when I get the 33's since they are only 15x7's. I bought CapeRed's Canyons which are 15x8's and they're nice, but a lot of people have them.

Yours aren't all that bad, I just mess with everyone about their bling. Besides yours looks awesome with the lift, so don't mind me. :innocent:

• Quote from "jeepgnome"

After 2 days of work my Jeep is finally two inches higher thanks to a Skyjacker Budget Boost.

Looks sweet!

Quote from "jeepgnome"

In the process I managed to destroy one socket wrench.

:useless:

(......I mean details)

• Destroying the wrench happened on the bottom shock bolt in the rear. 60,000 miles of sand, dirt and rust makes a nut just not want to move, so I have it a good push with a pipe attached to the handle and suddenly wrench parks exploded all over my driveway. Also sheered the square part that the socket attached to right off and left it in my socket head.

Guess I don't know my own strength :rollsmile:

• Quote from "jeepgnome"

Destroying the wrench happened on the bottom shock bolt in the rear. 60,000 miles of sand, dirt and rust makes a nut just not want to move, so I have it a good push with a pipe attached to the handle and suddenly wrench parks exploded all over my driveway. Also sheered the square part that the socket attached to right off and left it in my socket head.

Sweet! Reminds me of the time I broke the blade bolt off a circular saw using a pipe for leverage because I didn't know they turned the opposite direction....

Can't wait to see the new lift in action

• Quote from "SarasGP"

Hey, I just realized that the three of us represent the first 3 years of the TJ and the last 3 years of the millenium. 4-bangers unite!!!

I came across a reference to a Jeep website a couple weeks ago something like 4 bangers united, but I sure can't find it if it exists.

Sara, They do exist. [size=20px]Here[/size]. They seem to move around alot. :innocent:

• looks GOOD!

I've a 2" BB on my short list as well... unfortunately I had to get a few other higher priority items first.

Any noticable changes to the on-road ride?

/R

Jeff

• Quote from "hikerguy64"

Any noticable changes to the on-road ride?

/R

Jeff

Only good ones, but I'm guessing thats the new shocks. It rides much smoother now. Turning is only slightly different.

Getting in and out is a little more difficult now, but I'll deal with that (Wife hates it)

I'm actually surprised at how much difference 2" make (and 1/2" for bigger tires). It feels higher when I drive it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!