PSC Cage Install....

• So other than Hollye Oak and Zach (nooo offence to either of you) who can help me install a PSCcage if i really got adventurous and did it with someone...(with or without experience....)

How hard is it to do? How long will it take?

Who else has done it. Exclude the painting part, (which I'll obvioulsy paint it prolly when its on the jeep...

so feedback plz!

Looking for info on the install...

• Is it a weld-in cage ?

• id rather see you go with a KOZ offroad cage as its full tube through the dash for a TJ and im pretty sure its cheaper than the PSC one...stronger too...

• i think he already has the PSC cage thats why he wants to know about installing that one...but for someone whos looking thats some good info to know

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• My main thing was teh cost. I can't afford a $700 dollar roll cage....I know its about lift, bit if I had $700 dollars i would prolly buy a winch first..

I'm doing this cage because BlueJ had a great deal on it, and I'm either gonna have Holly Oak 4x4 do it, or I'm gonna do it myself...

I'll do some additionals to the cage, like a rear spreader bar, and some cage handles, and some other stuff.

I also have read that it is recoemending the weld the slip joints in the current roll cage... is that a good idea?

Quote from "Meeper"

Yo guys check these out, very nice pieces better than the angle iron of the PSC cage..full tube is the way to go..

http://www.kozoffroad.com

its not that I'm NOT taking your advice, but when I do go to do a full cage and the jeep because trail only...these guys are on the top of my list. For right now I just want something that I can do at a reasonable price and get it done.

• yeah i dont see anything wrong with the PSC cage either and if you are going with a through the dash style then i would get zach to build you a custom on like i got

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Quote from "joo"

My main thing was teh cost. I can't afford a $700 dollar roll cage....I know its about lift, bit if I had $700 dollars i would prolly buy a winch first..

imo $700 bucks is nothing compared to ur safety
    im not concerned with mine, thats why i dont have a cage yet

u have to remember that the cage is daul purpose
    on the trail and the highway
    never know whats gonna happen now adays with the way ppl drive

im pretty sure zach or brian can get u a decent and safe cage
    for under $700 bucks
    it's worth taking the time to talk to them if u havent already

i have to do it again with building a new jeep
    a cage would be my first decision

• I dont' see the strength difference between a PSC cage and any other custom cage on the market. :shrug: I have yet to see a catostrophic failure of a PSC cage that was properly installed. A fully welded installed add-on cage from a fab shop will run $600-$800.00 A full cage will run $1200-1600.00

• Quote from "turtle"

I dont' see the strength difference between a PSC cage and any other custom cage on the market. :shrug: I have yet to see a catostrophic failure of a PSC cage that was properly installed. A fully welded installed add-on cage from a fab shop will run $600-$800.00 A full cage will run $1200-1600.00

i cant help but ask why did you get rid of your PSC cage :shrug:

• Just an fyi- Koz is known for using very cheap materials (like gas pipe and fence rails) instead of quality materials like DOM and Hrew. he has a very bad rep around MI from some shotty work he has done, including fabing suspensions for vehicles that fail on the highway causing bad rollovers at 60mph. his work is way too hit or miss to depend on.

i dont normaly speak poorly about peoples work, but this guys work speaks for itself.

that is all.

and to answer your question joo, the cage goes in pretty smoothly. i helped turtle do joe loves cage and it went pretty quick. i would recomend some one that can lay a good bead though.

• Quote from "turtle"

Opportunity, I would still have it if I didnt' get a deal from Zach I could not turn down.....

the gunie pig...

its pretty crazy that the garage burt down huh? zach said it even melted the siding on the fire house across the street.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!