decision on lifts

• Hey everybody my names jimmy i just recently bought a 2006 rubicon im new to the jeep scene i used to have a lifted truck but everything is different with a jeep. Ive decided between two different lifts just wanted to know what some of you guys were running and what you thought about my decision. Its a toss up between the RE 4.5 Superflex kit or the Nth degree 4.5 Sa kit without gyro joints which kit is better i plan on doing wheeling mostly mud though. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated

• well id like to run 35's but i know that entails possibly new axles and later on new gears so for a while just 33x12.50r15's or 16 depends if i keep my moabs or get new rims. Maybe a 13.50 but probably just 12.50. I also know that i may have to do a body lift to clear 35's also

• With 4.5" of lift you certainly dont' need a body lift. For 35's I think you best bet is the 4.5" RE "kit" with 3.5" springs. The nth stuff is nice but it is way expensive and their isn't much to say how the joints hold up in mud.

• The 4.5" RE kit with 3.5" coils is a nice kit. I actually got abotu 4.25" out of mine. Even the 3.5" coils are able to run some 35's. BLs aren't really needed for many things (except belly-up, etc..). If you're going to be going through a lot of mud you might want to look at new axle seals, I think they're like 80 bucks or so. Back to the lifts though, I personally like my jeep not to high so it is not tippy, but stil very capable on trails...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• sorry...sorta of topic.

If you ever do plan on selling your rims, let me know!

Ok..back on topic.

I'm not too familiar with the lifts, but I've always heard good things about the RE lifts from everyone who runs with them.

• BTW, I would recommend going to Redrock4x4.com or the purchase of an RE lift. Most lifts come with free shocks and free shipping...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• IM running a re 4.5 superflex with 3.5 springs OME shocks and 33x12.50/15 and i love the way it handles on and off road. You could clear 35's without a problem, i was shocked how much space was left.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!