BlueJ's Cage

• BlueJ is coming home soon. Brian at Holly Oak has built a front cage, and I had the interior Rhino-lined. Here are a few pictures:

Additional pictures are here.

• Very nice work. That must have been fun welding all of those little gussets in there. I bet this is what Brian's eyes looked like after making sure he got all of the joints fully welded-> :rolleyes:

Andrew/Brian, what did you guys do for the dash vent tubes? The first TJ cage that we did I put the A-pillars in those spots and we had to delete the vent tubes and the owner never did fix it. SInce then I have been putting the A-pillars more towards the outside to clear the vents. Also, have you put the door surrounds on yet? I am thinking the grab handle may be right where the front foot of the door surround has to be--YJs can be such a pain as they are just sooo tight to make everything fit.

Andrew, if you get a chance, take a picture from a balcony/high spot of the cage work for Brian's site. We have had great results with those shots as they show the work best.

Good luck with it. :up:

• looks like a strong cage :up:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Lookin good Andrew. :up:

Brian does do awesome work. :peace:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I think the vent tubes were among the "leftover parts" on a table at Holly Oak. That's probably where they will stay. I haven't tried the door surrounds, I may not bother with them. I plan to keep it open for 8 months, then put the hard top (no surrounds needed) on for the cold 4 months. I may end up trying to sell the soft top. I think when I test fitted them (before the grab handles went on), though, the issue wasn't the front, but that the cross tube was higher and angled inward more, so the screws had nothing to screw into.

Yesterday we put the seats and console back in, and secured the Tuffy toolbox in the back. My rack is going to be suspended from the two new bars in the back, with a duster underneath over the toolbox.

I still need to run the CB antenna cable back to the radio, and swap out a bad u-joint in the front right axleshaft. Hopefully the rest will be done this week so I can hit the trails on Sunday.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!