Posts by Quadratec

I always try to have trail tools with me - as you said, when I remember! I do like the emergency ones as well. I've e-mailed my Product Team to see if we can carry them. It's such a great idea for those of us who wheel!

Here are some videos for your enjoyment - filmed by my buddy:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

-Rick

DeJA has been doing a lot more rides at AOAA lately--we like it! www.aoaatrails.com You did well to get through Upper Anthracite with lightly modified vehicles!

@Quadratec you should look into Colby Valves. They save the day when it comes to trail/emergency valve stem replacements. @meeper you might want to get them in the catalog

It's a great area for that! I need more skids for Upper Anthracite next time haha. I rocked the t-case crossmember real good, dented the oil pan (didn't go through), and dented the fuel skid.

Already done!

Like them so much that I e-mailed my Product Manager saying we should carry them.

-Rick

This was my second time at Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area - aka AOAA. I love it! It's similar to Rausch Creek (Which is also a great spot!), but it's larger. AOAA allows dirtbikes, UTV's, and ATV's, as well as Jeeps and full size vehicles. On this trip, we took some greens to some blue trails and also onto a blue/black called Upper Anthracite. This trail is basically water runoff from the mountain, so it's extremely slippery with some large rocks.

Vehicles & Damage:

-(Me) 1998 Jeep TJ (No lift, 32's, open front/rear, 3.07's) - Valve stem ripped apart, skid plates took some rock hits
    -2003 Jeep TJ (4" lift, 35's) - No damage
    -1990's Toyota 4-Runner - Skid plates damaged
    -2018 Toyota 4-Runner TRD - Skid plates damaged & bumper vs. tree scuffs

Videos here:

Thanks to AOAA for hosting!

-Rick

I might have to look into this. I have cheapo Amazon LEDs in the TJ, last winter I was driving in a storm and was scratching my head wondering why I couldn't see a gd thing. Pulled over and there was a ton of snow built up on the lenses of the headlights. Heaters would have fixed that. It's dangerous driving with non-heated LEDs in the snow.

Sounds good! Our heated versions will definitely resolve any snow/ice on the headlight issues. If you would like a quote just let us know.

Thanks & have a great night!

-Rick

We are now offering a line of LED and heated LED headlights. These are Quadratec branded, made for us by JW Speaker. We offer regular LED or heated LED for CJ, YJ, TJ, JK and XJ applications.

Here's the info on the JK version:

"Our revolutionary Premium Heated High Performance 7” Round LED Headlights for your Wrangler JK are exclusively engineered for Quadratec by J.W. Speaker and offer Dual-Burn® high & low beam optics, giving drivers that ultimate punch of light they are looking for at night. Our unique heated Headlamps feature SmartHeat® with LED light sensors that automatically activate the heat elements at startup or as outside temperatures drop to freezing. Once any accumulated ice or snow has melted and the lights have met the high temperature threshold, the SmartHeat® grid system automatically shuts off. All Premium LED projector head lamps feature fully approved DOT markings, built in pulse width modulators to prevent flickering, and easy plug & play installation with no modifications required. Made in the USA."

Dual-Burn® technology: works by keeping your low beam on while your high beam is on, providing the widespread visibility of the low beam along with the powerful long range punch of the high beams.
    Plug & Play: No modifications needed to add these headlamps to your Wrangler JK, just use the provided wiring harness to plug right in and get back on the road with a set of brighter headlights.
    Specifications:

• Low Beam - 1,770 Raw Lumens / 750 Effective Lumens
    • High Beam - 3,200 Raw Lumens / 1,260 Effective Lumens
    • Operating Voltage - 9-16v

Links below.

JK LED:
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/qu…eadlamps-jeep-wrangler-jk

JK heated LED:
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/qu…eadlamps-jeep-wrangler-jk

CJ & TJ LED:
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/qu…lamps-jeep-cj-wrangler-tj

CJ & TJ heated LED:
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/qu…lamps-jeep-cj-wrangler-tj

YJ & XJ LED:
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/qu…p-cherokee-xj-wrangler-yj

YJ & XJ heated LED:
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/qu…p-cherokee-xj-wrangler-yj

Have a great weekend!

-Rick

Looks like he's enjoying it. He doesn't move around too much for the Kayak?

Thanks! When we first started last year she would walk to the front, turn around, walk back to me, then stay in my face and whine. We have been out maybe 10 or so times since then. The more we go, the less she whines and the more she learns. This time, she just tried to get into the water right at launch. Then she was fine. As you can see from the photos, she still wanders the kayak depending on who/what is around us. *knock on wood* no close calls with capsizing thus far. She understands if she moves too much things get wobbly and she doesn't like that.

-Rick

We hit 84 degrees here in PA on Saturday (Only 42 yesterday) so I decided to hit the lake with the pup. I normally put my kayak on my VW Golf TDI as I have a kayak rack. But, it was so nice yesterday I figured I'd just mount it to the sport bars. Worked great! This was also the first time using the Versa-Brella. I highly recommend it if you have a snow dog who enjoys being outside in warm weather. It does somewhat act as a sail/resistance trainer, so that's fun too.

-Rick

Does that little cameo qualify you for the friends and family discount now?? :thumbup:

He might know a guy or two for that one. ;)
    The diesel isn't coming until the 2019 model year, I believe it'll be added to production in August 2018. So, you'll have a little time to find a buyer for your current fleet. But, really... we know you can't keep a Jeep for more than a year. :santa:

Even though I used to work for Jeep prior to Quadratec, I don't get my friends and family discount through that resource. As Jerry said, I know a guy ;)

I could pick up a JLU in January or February ... then keep it until I order the JLU diesel late 2018, and trade it in for the diesel, right? As you said, I don't tend to keep my vehicles for a long time, whether by my choice or not - lol.

-Rick

One of the official videos from Jeep... at the 32 second mark, you'll see our @Quadratec forum rep make a muddy appearance in a TJ!

I guess I need to sell my TJ and VW TDI to purchase a one of the diesel JLU's since I'm in the commercial, eh? haha.

-Rick

On Day 3 we were headed to Poison Spider with a stop at some Native American writing on the way. Unfortunately Poison Spider was reserved for one of the RR4W EJS rides. Due to this, we decided to check out dinosaur footprints at the entrance, then head to Metal Masher.

Day: Tuesday, April 11th
    Trail: Metal Masher & Quadratec BBQ
    Rides: Rock Krawler, Smittybilt/G2/Poison Spyder/Rubicon Express

Here is a video compilation I put together of the run. I ordered it as best as I can remember, though it may be a little out of order:

Quadratec BBQ:

More coverage here: Quadratec Moab Easter Jeep Safari - 2017 Coverage

-Rick

On Day 2 I explored Pritchett Canyon, riding in the orange Smittybilt "Tactical JK". This was another 12 hour day for most, though several groups got mixed together and split up. We had one flop and several breaks.

Day: Monday, April 10th
    Trail: Pritchett Canyon
    Rides: Rock Krawler, Quadratec, Smittybilt/G2/Poison Spyder/Rubicon Express, Truck-Lite / Rigid

More coverage here: Quadratec Moab Easter Jeep Safari - 2017 Coverage

-Rick

Not only was this my first time in Moab, it was the first time traveling further west than Nashville, TN. What an incredible spot Moab is! Here are some of my photos from what was the hardest (and most fun) week of work in my life:

Day: Sunday, April 9th
    Trail: Hell's Revenge
    Rides: RIPP Superchargers, Rockstar Garage, Quadratec, Pathkiller (JKU with XJ front clip), among others.

More later :)

Other coverage here: Quadratec Moab Easter Jeep Safari - 2017 Coverage

-Rick

We have had incredible turnouts for our first 2 of the season! 150-200+ Jeeps each time thus far. Looking forward to making our next one even bigger! We are also now accepting donations of canned goods for Preston & Steve's 93.3 WMMR Camp out for Hunger. Last year a Porsche club won. We're looking to have more Jeeps than Porsches and more tons of canned food!

Here's a recap video from March:

-Rick

[size=14px][color=rgb(20, 24, 35)]
    Hey fellow Jeepers,
    [/color][/size]
    [size=14px][color=rgb(20, 24, 35)]

At this years Jeeps & Java events we will be accepting donations to the [/color]Michael Strange Foundation[/size] - Voices for Silent Heroes. This is a local organization that supports the families of recently fallen service members. We'll also have some new things at the Jeeps & Java events. More info on that will be posted in the near future. Mark your calendars now! Here is the tentative schedule for 2016:

March 13th
    April 10th
    May 15th
    June 12th
    July 10th
    August 14th
    September 11th
    Quadratec Tent Sale in October
    November 13th
    December 11th

We hope to see you all out here!

-Rick

[size=14px][color=rgb(67, 67, 67)]Our Next "Jeeps & Java" Event will be Sunday, September 13, 2015.[/color][/size][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Quadratec hosts a cruise-in style "Jeeps & Java" event from 9 am - 11:30 am, usually held on the second Sunday of each month with the exceptions of October (Quadratec Tent Sale), January and February. We will have free doughnuts and java available along with some great giveaways! For this year's "Jeeps & Java" events, Quadratec will be teaming up with the Shriners Hospitals for Children in Philadelphia to help collect needed items for their expert pediatric specialty care facilities.
    Those attending may bring much needed donations from the lists below.

[/color]

[size=14px][color=rgb(67, 67, 67)]Shriners Hospitals for Children is a health care system providing expert pediatric specialty care to thousands of kids each year. As a non-profit organization, Shriners Hospitals for Children rely on the generosity of their donors to help carry out their mission and better the lives of children everyday.
    For more information, visit Shriners Hospitals for Children official website: [/color][/size]
    [color=rgb(0, 40, 189)]shrinershospitalsforchildren.org[/color][color=rgb(67, 67, 67)]
    Join Shriners Hospitals for Children on Facebook![/color]]

[size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]For safety of patients, strict infection control policies are followed. Only NEW items are accepted.[/color][/size]

[color=rgb(37, 37, 37)][size=14px]Donation Ideas for All Ages:[/size][/color]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Arts & Crafts Projects[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Scrapbooking Materials[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Books or CDs in Spanish[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]"I Spy" Books[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]DVDs (G, PG and PG-13)[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Batteries (AAA, C & D)[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Board Games for ages 8 and up[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Small Photo Albums[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Tunes Gift Cards[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Walmart/Target Gift Cards
      (Small denominations)[/color][/size]
      [/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Personal portable DVD players[/color][/size][/li]

[size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Donation Ideas for Teenagers:[/color][/size]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Board Games[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Teen Movies (PG-13)[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Teen Magazines and Books[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Hand-held electronic games[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Nerf Balls[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]MP3 Players or iPods[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Ear bud headphones[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Wrist Watches[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Pro/College Sports Apparel
      (Caps, T-Shirts, Sweatpants)[/color][/size]
      [/li]

[size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Monetary Donations
    Checks are accepted for the following funds:[/color][/size]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Car Seat Fund:
      -Provides an adaptive car seat for surgical patients to safely ride in cars/Jeeps.[/color][/size]
      [/li]

[li][[size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Families in Need Fund:
      -Provides bus tokens for transportation.
      -Provides meal passes for families while staying at the hospital.[/color][/size]
      [/li]

[li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]*Checks made payable to:
        "Shriners Hospitals for Children" with specified fund noted in the memo.[/color][/size]
        [/li]

[/li]

[size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Donations NOT accepted:[/color][/size]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Books or games with violent content[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)](R) Rated movies[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]VHS Tapes[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Used Toys[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Used clothing/blankets[/color][/size][/li]

[li][size=14px][color=rgb(37, 37, 37)]Glass or breakable items[/color][/size][/li]

[size=14px][color=rgb(67, 67, 67)]

For more info please click here:
    http://www.quadratecchannel.co…s-java-monthly-meet-greet

And for the Facebook Event Page please click here:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1630831053871474/

Thanks!

-Rick[/color][/size]