Posts by J-Man

I still have the factory rear that I removed out of my 98 xj. Never wheeled, drum to drum ready to go.
    It has 150000 miles no leaks. 50 bucks takes it.

Do we need any more food?

One year we should get more coordinated on the food, but It looks like a free for all again :spinrhead:

Im bringing some chicken premade up for the fryer and some steaks for one night. Probably have hotdogs for good measure. also lunch meat, snacks and some junk to deepfry.

and beer :beer: cant forget that!

Thanks Karen for saving the day since I left my camera in my truck.

Just a quick run-down, we ran trail 5 but only Aaron, sal and myself conquered the hill climb.
    sorry Jeff :idiot:
    We did trail O the black side,then we doubled back to do walk in the park.
    On the way out we hit 1c and down to Jotters way.
    I dont think we had any major problems or damage.

Definitely had a blast and cant wait for big dogs!

I would not start the engine for the initial bleeding. Doing so could cause cavitation inside the power steering pump and damage the pump. Jack up the frontend so the weight is off the front tires and without the engine running, fill and turn the steering wheel back and forth (lock to lock) at least 25-30 times until all the air bubbles are gone. Once that is completed and you have topped off the power steering fluid reservoir, then you can start the engine and turn some more. Take for a short ride and check the fluid level and add more fluid if needed and you're done.

OK, I know this is a newb question, and I feel a little silly asking, and I know that my nomenclature is probably off, but here goes:

It seems to me that lower gearing converts more torque toward the axle shafts and wheels and hence be more likely to cause breakage there. (Ian suggested this to me when I expressed reservations about the gearing before I bought the rig.) Higher gearing (as the rig stands now) would cause the engine and transmission to bear the brunt of the effort in a climb, obstacle, etc. (or simply denial), and be more likely to cause overheating issues or breakage of driveshafts, since the torque is higher BEFORE the diff.

I know this is a very fundamental topic, but can someone please elucidate as to how my logic is flawed.

I think its because basically you just cant craw. your always forcing and therefore breaking. :shrug:

all i got left are fox air shocks. not sure how they would work with coils. i liked them with leafs. i think they are 14". they will be up for sale, but if you want to try them swing on by and get a pair. they may be too bling for you :-).

aaron

I appreciate it Aaron, Im just goin to wheel it for now and see what happens..

they have 10in travel. so it looks like I have 6 up 4 down.

Hey aaron do you have any old front shocks for a lifted yj laying around you would like to sell? I hear they are longer then xj shocks and could possibly be my answer..

Its definitely my shocks. I was just wondering if 4" was acceptable or complete BS. Im going to give it a try and maybe look out for longer shocks for now....

1) Stafford
    2) KnoxRents
    3) Solomi - bringing the deep fryer and grill. Plan on grilling some pineapples in addition to all the goodness last time.
    4) JeepSahara - going to be there either with my Jeep or riding shotgun
    5) Shorebird
    6) J-Man - bringing magnesium :mrgreen:

I don't get that one either. Strange that links would have any affect at all

My wifes XJ had DW and I took a wrench to everything and the only thing that I could find was the nuts on the swaybar links had backed off some. Tightened them up and its been gone for over a year now :shrug:

I flexed on her a little and Im definitely not that impressed. Its good for what it is I suppose. The good news is nothing seems to be binding and everything clears good..

After measuring for my straps I only have about 4" of slack in the strap when leveled out. Can anyone tell me if thats good or bad? thanks

1)JKGray10 -Camping Friday (weather permitting)
    2) astape - hopefully the inaugrual of the new suspension, tires, ect- camp fri maybe
    3) Solomi
    4) J-Man
    Tentative
    1) BlueLesPaul2006 If we are free that weekend I'm in for Greens/ blues (I still need to get my skids for my trans and oil pan)
    2) Quantum73 - Will try to make this one. Dying to get out and wheel. Camping Fri if it all works out.
    3) altierior - I hope to have the trail rig ready to go; BLACKS/REDS. If not, I might wheel my DD; blues/blacks. It's time to get back to my 'wheel at least once a month' lifestyle.