Posts by Neon Pirate

I thought the original post was aimed at doing a clean-up in the near future? If thats the case Id be down for a cold weather beach trip.

Looked like the mention was made of September but an effort to do some soon was under way so I was addressing both. Will gladly do as much as I am able for both an upcoming Spring cleanup (preferably without the cold weather) and the September event.

I'll do my best to be there in September, really depends on my daughters' college event schedule and the fall dates have yet to be announced. For those of us who haven't been and don't know where said spot is, can I trouble someone to post a location? The more detailed and landmarked the better! Surfrider, or anyone else, trying to organize please post potential dates...if I'm free I'll run down for a cleanup and gathering. Any excuse for those rare shots at the beach and away from the two jobs is welcome!

Wish I could! My wife is due the week of Big Dogs, just my luck. No Big Dogs for me this year.
    I was hoping to use it for something though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkEBXD15Vb8 :mrgreen:

Save the airbag! You could have fun during delivery! Congratulations and good luck!

I did an oil, filter and air filter change over the weekend. One day I will get my front lights wired. Maybe this weekend. Then again, some idiot has been dropping that line on me for months now. Did order new CoverKing butt sections for my seat covers and their support was fantastic! Have to commend them for being so responsive and willing to sell me just the parts I needed at a really good price. Was worried that I would have to buy a full set and waste money\material since the uppers, rear seat and head rests are all in great shape but they helped me out.

You can catch a buzzfish year round.

These are the only kind I seem to be any good at catching! Still, would rather be on the beach and a bad day fishing always beats a good day at work. Hoping to get out fishing a whole lot more this year. Last year I got a record=breaking 4 trips in! Planning to double that this year. Thanks for this thread and the opportunity to learn!

Long may you run! Awesome milestone Chief! Hoping mine makes it that far, still have a long time to go. Dammit, now I miss my M3 that got hit at 184K and kept from getting to the 200 mark, but that loss brought me into the Jeep world. Anyway, excellent achievement!

Dawn and I didn't make it down yesterday. Her car is still down at the moment and the YJs got a few minor issues I didn't want to take the chance of making worse. Pretty bummed as I was looking forward to this... :(

Dude you should have called! We didn't even leave until 9:30AM and still had plenty of time for Surf Bagel. Sorry you didn't make it, we'll have to caravan it next year.

Sorry we missed ya! Not sure where area 8 & 9 was, we were in front of Grottos/Candy Kitchen, closer to the fence. Having a crew of 25 peeps we needed space!

Probably weren't too far from you. Will try to get some pictures up tonight. We had a group in one of the few semi-open spots past Grottos and in front of the hotels. If you came off of Main and made a left up the boards then went up a few beach accesses there we were. Probably the Maryland Ave.\Olive Ave. area near Frosted Flakes and the Blues Brothers if you saw them.

Yeah I was not in any kind of shape to run yesterday morning, so I was already chillin on the beach . . .

Yeah...if you see me running look for the guys chasing me!

Giannina saw some pictures of it on FB and suggested that I do it next year. Haha. So we shall see. Looks like you guys had a good time and I thought I saw that they raised $780k + this year? That's awesome!

Great time for a good cause and an awesome fundraising event so...can we count you in next year?

Some additional thoughts from a regular renter who may buy soon. After three knee surgeries I find that most sit-in kayaks don't really allow me space to change positions to get comfortable and avoid soreness or lock-ups. I would suggest a few rental runs to see what works best for you and if you have any personal preferences or medical reasons that will make one type a better choice than the other be sure to factor that in. Read 2000sahara's very pertinent comments and I'll agree, when I buy they will be sit-on.

My daughters are going with NHS and have decided that I'm going too (yes, they can tell you which finger they have me wrapped around) so I guess I'll see y'all at the hypothermia tent!

Yep, quite familiar with the laws of incandescents and the corollary that determines how many will burn out how soon based on how few you bought and whether the store is out of stock! Figured that swapping in LED bulbs would merely turn them into floodlights without and fog-related properties. Thanks everyone for confirming my theory and giving me reason to upgrade.

Stafford I would say that buffer overflow attack was a success. Now Keith_c has access to all of our broken parts, incomplete projects and failed upgrades!

I have a set of 3" led fog lights that I bought at PA jeep show and have yet to install them. I tried them out by hooking up to the battery at night. They are bright but I am seriously considering getting a set of Hellas or PIAA instead. I think I just prefer the incandescent light more. Guess I'm just old skool lol.

Hardkor which lights do you have? If they will swap directly in for the stock bumper fog lights on a 2012 JK and you are interested in selling send a PM.

So one of my bulbs burned out and I'm trying to decide between just a stock replacement, swapping in some LED bulbs like the putco or replacing the whole units. Seems every time I replace a stock bulb the corresponding bulb on the other side burns out. I don't want to drop Speaker or TruckLite money on my foggies but I do want functional fog lights and not just a cosmetic change. Has anyone used any of the snap-in replacement LEDs? Or the inexpensive LED whole-unit upgrades? If so please let me know what worked, what failed, and what was worth the cost.

Thanks!