15" vs 16" vs 17" Wheels

• yeah but polished finish not chrome.....those are hott.

Right, not chrome.

I was torn between the aluminum finish and the black teflon, but wasn't susre what you do with teflon when it get's chipped. When these get too trashed, I'll paint them black.

I am a little disappointed with the center caps which are plastic.

• Guess it's kinda late to ask now, but how do you like them ?

I have the same tire's on 16's and have had a lot of luck so far. I read they didn't clean out well in mud but they did for me on my last run. I hate mud anyway.

There is some chunks out of them due to the softer compound but I appreciate the traction on the rocks. They are pretty quiet and I think you'll like them overall. :up:

• Guess it's kinda late to ask now, but how do you like them ?

I like the tire.
    They handle well on and off road. Tough sidewall.
    I have been very pleased with thier off road performance.
    For a MT, the tire handle well in all weather conditions.
    The set I have may seem to wear a little fast but I do have just a couple trips off road, so my tire wear I have may not be a good representation.

Overall, I like them better than any other mud tire I have owned for a vehicle that sees double duty.
    I did expect lower mileage over other tires due to softer compound and offroad abuse.

• I been lookin at some black CRAGAR 16's so i can fit my 35" swampers i have in my shed.. of coarse my lift has to come in 1st then my rubi will be ready for RC..

Kieth,
    How do you pass inspection with your windsheild sticker???? I never in my life failed or even heard of failing for that but when i took my blazer through inspection they had me failed for my windsheild sticker way before the oompa loompas with measuring tapes showed up...
    Do you remove it everytime and just get another one??

• Kieth,
    How do you pass inspection with your windsheild sticker???? I never in my life failed or even heard of failing for that but when i took my blazer through inspection they had me failed for my windsheild sticker way before the oompa loompas with measuring tapes showed up...
    Do you remove it everytime and just get another one??

Bought the Jeep new in Jan. '03.

Next month will be the first time for inspection.

I have a cracked windshield to replace so the sticker will go with it.

• why in the heck wouldnt it pass because of a sticker?

"obstruction of view" PA is the same way, but because you go to a private garage for inspection they usually dont say anything. DMV depends on their mood.

• They will gripe about the member stickers but wont say a word about the base stickers some of us have on our vehicles

• I told the dude that failed me for it .... that if that sticker is obstructing my view then i might as well rip off my rear view mirror too.. :cuss:. that didn't go over too well.. but its the truth, My sticker Is and will remain above my mirror and i cant even see it looking out..... oh well .. that just triggered all the mods i can do now since she's a trailer queen ;D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!