Tuffy Security Console for YJ

• I am looking at purchasing a Tuffy center console for my YJ. They come in 6-1/2", 8" and 10" wide. I was leaning towards the 10" wide. Any real world experience with the different widths?

Thanks for your time.

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• measure between your seats to see how much usable space you have. don't forget about the seatbelts. the 10" console is too wide for a lot of seat setups.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Well, I'm currently sitting my best feature on stock seats. If I go with something aftermarket later on down the road...

Has anybody bought one of these doohickey's and what size are you sporting?

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• Well, I'm currently sitting my best feature on stock seats. If I go with something aftermarket later on down the road...

Has anybody bought one of these doohickey's and what size are you sporting?

I have the 10" between stock seats in my 95. ;)

• I got the 6" in my 95Yj and it is tight in there. A 10 inch would make the seat hard to fold forward.

You can look at mine if you need to see it.

BTW Mine only cost me $10 :razz:

• BBD is correct about being tight with a 10" . i installed one.........very tight between seats and when you move the seat forward or tilt the seat you have to hunt for the seat belt. Theres also very little room to push the disconect button for the 3 point seat belt.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!