Surf Tag

• When I bought my new sticker last weekend I asked if I could use one of my old plates and the very rude woman behind the counter said no, but I am going to use my black/white one anyway and see what happens. I will post again after I try it. Best case scenario is it works, worst case is they can confiscate your sticker/plate for improper/illegal use of sticker.

• I have a few of those as well... about 10 different tags are now all over my 4-year old's bedroom walls with a few Jeep posters... pretty cool lookin' actually.

• I recently bought my new sticker and asked if I could use my old plate. The rude woman at the counter said no and pointed to a sign on the wall that said that illegally placed stickers could be confiscated. At first I was going to risk it, it really depends on who is at the booth when you go in. In the end I decided to paint my new plate to match the color of my jeep.

• FYI: I received a written warning this past Saturday (6/14/08) at Gordon's Pond for having my 08 sticker displayed on a red 1982 surf tag. I was complimented on how well it matched my Jeep but issued the warning all the same. By written warning I mean he appended my surf registration with the code for "improperly displaying surf permit". The ranger was kind enough to claim that he would not bother me the rest of the season but it would be up to the discretion of other rangers as to whether they issue a ticket. I am now liable for the fine ($56) next time since I received the written warning. He claimed they were being pushed hard to enforce the blue and white tags because of the abundance of old tags available on ebay.

Time to write your State Rep and aask that the law reads that a "classic" surf plate should not be considered an improper display of the permit as long as the registration is current and the tag was officially released by the State (similar to the laws governing the display of a B&W porcelain tag)

• And what is the problem with the older tags? Who cares about the tag if the ticker is current? It saves the state money in giving out new tags.

Furthermore, why are they being pushed to enforce this chickenshit and not the Pennsyltards who let their four kids boogie board into the real anglers' lines while their rod sits inside their car?

I'm losing it, Jerry! Losing it! Time to make a phone call.

• Just an FYI, I went to Eastern Marine a week ago and forgot to post here for an update. The fellow there, the short guy with carrot top head told me that yes you can indeed use any surf tag Delaware offered just as long as the current sticker is on it. So state park entrance may stop to check, but should not give you a hard time. I don't see why they just don't let you put the little sticker on the upper driver side windshield? :shrug: Anyhow, hope this helps Dr. If you have a red one, please let me know.

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Just an FYI, I went to Eastern Marine a week ago and forgot to post here for an update. The fellow there, the short guy with carrot top head told me that yes you can indeed use any surf tag Delaware offered just as long as the current sticker is on it. So state park entrance may stop to check, but should not give you a hard time. I don't see why they just don't let you put the little sticker on the upper driver side windshield? :shrug: Anyhow, hope this helps Dr. If you have a red one, please let me know.

I think I would put more in what an Enforcement Officer says than some guy at a marine store.

After all, he's the one that's going to write the citation.

• The reply to my E-Mail to DNREC

Dear Mr. Morgan,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the license plate used to display a
    surf fishing permit. The Division requires the decal to be displayed
    on the black and white license plate that is issued at the time of
    purchase. Older plates can not be used to display the surf fishing
    permit.

Thank you again for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Mary Makdad Voshell, Chief
    Office of Business Services
    Delaware State Parks
    89 Kings Highway
    Dover, DE 19901

Mary Makdad Voshell, Chief
    Office of Business Services
    Delaware State Parks
    89 Kings Highway
    Dover, DE 19901

well there you go. we now have a person who we can harass since they are harassing us hard working Delawareans.

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• I thought they were blue and white?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!