Topless for TaTa's August 12th @ Rausch Creek

• Event added to calendar. Since I have been with DEJA I would say our group size attending this event has somewhat shrunk as this event grows larger. From what I have read, the event is over 60% sold and they expect to be sold out tomorrow. I have also heard through several people from other clubs that any hotels in the area are booked to capacity. Sign up started here.

**Note, that you need to register at the Tata's website, signing up here is just for members to see who all is going to this event**

• Great idea getting started so early with a sign-up thread on this, given that it is such a huge event.
    :up:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• Great idea getting started so earlywith a sign-up thread on this, given that it is such a huge event.
    :up:

They just released the date over Christmas and are already almost sold out. I'll be sitting it out as the last time I was there 500 plus jeeps, it was hectic at the least.

• They just released the date over Christmas and are already almost sold out. I'll be sitting it out as the last time I was there 500 plus jeeps, it was hectic at the least.

That's mainly the reason why attendance has decreased.. bc it's such a big event and there's so many people. I remember the year before last when there was a huge FJ event.. it took us forever just to get checked in at the office and then we kept getting stopped/slowed on the trails waiting for them to clear or pass by. That was annoying as it was and I doubt it was as big as the TATAs run.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• That's mainly the reason why attendance has decreased.. bc it's such a big event and there's so many people. I remember the year before last when there was a huge FJ event.. it took us forever just to get checked in at the office and then we kept getting stopped/slowed on the trails waiting for them to clear or pass by. That was annoying as it was and I doubt it was as big as the TATAs run.

The last Tata event I attended we were suppose to have an 8:30 - 9:00 start, we sat in the staging area for over 2 hours before we took it on our own to sneak out a back trail. If we would have stayed in staging area it would have been close to noon by time we hit the trail.

• The last Tata event I attended we were suppose to have an 8:30 - 9:00 start, we sat in the staging area for over 2 hours before we took it on our own to sneak out a back trail. If we would have stayed in staging area it would have been close to noon by time we hit the trail.

Also exactly the reason I don't go. I went two years in a row - there were simply too many Jeeps there to organize into groups at staging. I did the same thing as sandtosand: led my own group away from the others (but I didn't wait two hours - I'm not patient enough for that).

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• It almost sounds like we are talking people out of this. :doh:

I want to do right by other members of this club, so I think that a little warning is in order as to what to expect for those that have never been there.

A suggestion for those who would like to attend for the sake of support and fundraising for the cause, but would prefer to avoid the chaos: Maybe members of DeJA could organize our own group within the larger context of the event, like we do at Big Dogs.

~ JD

• It almost sounds like we are talking people out of this. :doh:

I want to do right by other members of this club, so I think that a little warning is in order as to what to expect for those that have never been there.

A suggestion for those who would like to attend for the sake of support and fundraising for the cause, but would prefer to avoid the chaos: Maybe members of DeJA could organize our own group within the larger context of the event, like we do at Big Dogs.

That's what we had done over the last couple of years, we had our own group, we still had to go through the staging process and drivers meeting. Not trying to talk anybody out of it but would rather point out what to expect. No doubt it's for a great cause. A group of 50 jeeps is definitely a handful to keep organized

• It would be nice if they could stretch it out over the entire month and limit the number for each Sat & Sun. I bet they'd still raise a huge amount of $$ and people would be more apt to attend. Do they accept straight donations? If so, maybe we could do that as well?

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• It almost sounds like we are talking people out of this. :doh: like last deja ride :spinrhead:

• Who tried to talk who out of the last DEJA ride??

• It would be nice if they could stretch it out over the entire month and limit the number for each Sat & Sun. I bet they'd still raise a huge amount of $$ and people would be more apt to attend. Do they accept straight donations? If so, maybe we could do that as well?

Agreed, but it is what it is, it is a great event for a great cause. If you have the patience you will more than likely have a good time. You will see all sorts of modified and stock jeeps and certainly meet new people and come out of it with new found friendships. If you have never been there before you may want to give it a shot.

My observation has been that Tatas is less about how much they raise for the charity and more about how many 50" light bars they give away. I will never talk anyone out of going but my personal opinion is that I don't see DEJA doing much in the way of official support for the event. If anyone has questions/concerns about that please talk to me in person.

• Who tried to talk who out of the last DEJA ride??

I suspect Daddanelena is talking about those of us who were less than thrilled about going to AOAA this past Saturday. *cough*me*cough*

Wayne, that was not a DeJA ride. [size=3px](I am not currently in a position to organize those.)[/size] That was a ride that I was trying to organize that kinda went sideways from where I was envisioning. :bang:

~ JD

• Stafford you and I have had many a good conversation on that very topic.

For those looking to go the event is almost 90% sold out. Last year their was almost 750 rigs at the event. This year it is supposed to be limited to 500. For those who don't know I have gone to every event since the beginning and have been a trail guide for the last 6 events. It can very hectic in the staging area with that many jeeps and not a lot of room. If you can put up with that on Saturday and the raffle being long you will have a good time. Sunday's activity goes a lot better there are less rigs and faster start times. They are getting better at having the groups leave the staging area faster but it's still a lot of rigs.

• Great cause.

We went twice, had a blast the first time.
    Second time, had fun, once we got started. Not enough wheeling though.

We'll make our donation to ACS, and then go to RC another weekend.

• Agree with all , the wheeling is very slow. Nothing worse than trail gridlock. But it was always a good time.. The raffle can be quite good, if your willing to risk $300-400. If you go, show up friday morning to grab your camp site early.

Its all good. I cant make next year anyway, have some travel plans, perhaps 2017

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I'm going! I had fun last year!

Just to clarify, I have a hard time getting weekends off in the summer. [size=78%]The last TaTa's Event was the only trail ride I made all year. [/size][/size][size=78%]I can justify this one to the boss by saying it's a Breast Cancer fundraiser.[/size]

I used to have Super Powers,
    but my Psychiatrist took them away!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!