Heater core

• So i have a leaking heater core in the tj but i have the guts from one of my old xjs including a good heater core. would tj and xj have the same core? Or is the tj a different part

• Given the amount of labor involved and the price of a new heater core, I'd just put a new one in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

^ This.....ask me how I know. :doh: Buy a new one and get the foam that seals the box to the fire wall.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• They use the same heater core, but only for the same year range. Looks like 97-01 and a 02-06 split. That's surprising to me, most stuff use a 97-02/03-06 break for the Wranglers.

Regardless, for the relatively low cost of a replacement, do yourself a favor and use new parts. Replace the evaporator core while you're in there... don't want to do that job twice. I think it's easier on the TJs, but I know it's a PITA job in an XJ.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• On TJs you have to pull the steering column and dashboard, having done mine I'm not sure it's something I could call easier....

Pretty much the same, I guess. On the XJs, if you just loosen the column and unbolt the dash, you can use a strap to hold up the passenger side of the dash away from the firewall to get room to work under it without the hassle of pulling the dash and column. I thought it might be easier with the extra legroom the TJs have.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!