rockcrusher diff guards?

• I am going to guess that something bad happened in their relationship as Mad4wd was one of the first to carry Rockcrusher stuff as they are in each others backyard.... So now I guess they want to dump their stock for what they payed for it....

• Features:
    • Lifetime warranty
    • Thick nodular iron casting with reinforcing ribs
    • Fully machined seal surface
    • Machined bolt bosses for maximum clamping force

Benefits: • Adds rigidity to weak factory housings
    • Replaces weak factory stamped steel covers
    • Large diameter fill plug for easy fluid replacement (where applicable)
    • Higher fill plug location for increased fluid capacity

Included in the kit:
    Cover
    Zinc Coated Grade 8 Hardware
    Fill Plug (where Applicable)
    Tube of Gasket Sealant
    Lifetime Warranty Card
    Sticker

Above is the text from the real Rockcrusher website. I wonder if we asked mad4wd about what's included in the kit and what kind of warranty there is, if that might help us figure this out.

I was thinking the same thing that turtle said and Andrew was questioning about - maybe the stuff's really Rockcrusher and mad4wd obtained it without becoming an "Authorized Dealer", which prbly involves a fee.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• looking at the site I linked to earlier... they are shown as back-order/pre-order. :hmm:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I noticed that too, Jerry. Does anyone have red star status at Pirate? You can't search anymore without it and I didn't feel like paying $20.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• I just got in a pair of D44 Rockcrusher covers from Northridge4x4. They are an authorized dealer according to Rockcrusher and they
    both came with warrenty cards from Rockcrusher Mfg. They are having pretty much the same deals, maybe 10 bucks or so higher, with free shipping.

I've bought serveral things from Northridge before, so I felt comfortable purchasing from them. http://www.northridge4x4.com/

Here's my covers, getting painted up!

Thanks,

Joe

• Joe,

Let me know how you make out with those diff covers. I have one on my rear D44 and it was a pain in the a$$. There may have been 2 holes that lined up. Ian had no problem with his rockcrusher D60's. I am curious if it's just the D44's in general or my setup.

• Ok, I couldn't find the answer but it probably just means I didn't look hard enough. ;D Will my Rubi take D44 differential covers or D35's? Looking to place an order with Northridge today... Thanks in advance!

• Isn't Rockcrusher a child company of Steele Horse??? I would run far from this. Dont really care if they are a good product, a bad rep is a bad rep.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Joe, Thanks for the clearification. Makes sense now. I would still stay clear of anything Steel Horse. Those guys are horrible.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Joe,

Let me know how you make out with those diff covers. I have one on my rear D44 and it was a pain in the a$$. There may have been 2 holes that lined up. Ian had no problem with his rockcrusher D60's. I am curious if it's just the D44's in general or my setup.

Well, just got the chance to install the Rockcrusher 44 Diff guards front and back. No install issues at all! Lined up perfect on every hole.

Sure holds alot of oil now, almost 4 quarts! :rolleyes:

Joe

• I figured as much but remembered hearing something about D44 "guts" but D35 housings. Just wanted to verify. Thx!

the rear is dana 44 all the way, front is dana 44 center with dana 30 outers...not 35 that is the rear turd..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!