Gas pedal soundly defeats motor mount in last night's title bout

• Ok so last night I was wheeling and suddenly found the black puddle of death building under my Jeep. Luckily a buddy I was with had a trailer at his house. Unluckily it was rated for way less than the weight of my jeep. Luckily, he is a redneck who doesn't give a (bleep). Unluckily we had to sit around his fire house while he drove home to retrieve it. Luckily he brought his girlfriend back with him. Unluckily she had only consumed one drink. Luckily she is also a redneck and she got on the hood of my busted-@$$ jeep and started doing all kinds of sexy poses. Unluckily my memory card in my digital camera only holds about 120 pics.

Anyway, back to the black puddle of death. Today I crawled under her and found that the passenger side motor mount had given way and the motor dropped down and speared the oil filter on the remaining part of the mount attached to the frame. Wow! I feel like I had my filter and my cherry busted at once. Actual off-road damage. Now I want to snap an axle. Maybe I'll bend a tie rod...if I have one of those. If not, I'll weld one on in a spot that it is likely to get bent.

So what recommendations does anyone have for replacing this with something that'll take a little more abuse?

• I'd say goto 4wd.com and search for "engine mount" in the CJ section. then call them up to get your 10% discount (if you joined it) even the cheap ones should be far stronger than the 30 year old ones you had.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• OK, here's the damage. It's kinda hard to see:

And then here's the best my heap has ever looked:

Keep in mind here that I'm not a proffesional photographer and she's not a proffesional hood ornament. But with a little more alcohol, I'm sure we could've violated some public decency laws and my hood.

• Keep in mind here that I'm not a proffesional photographer and she's not a proffesional hood ornament. But with a little more alcohol, I'm sure we could've violated some public decency laws and my hood.

I'll buy.

• I was always upset that dodge dropped the Power Wagon naming of there trucks...that was just a cool naming for a truck....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!