Barefoot Jeep

• New brakes all around courtesy of surfrider:

Thanks for taking the day off from surf fishing to help me out on a REALLY hot day. ;D

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Looks like your car got stripped!

Now you just need an old sofa on the front lawn to complete the red neck image.

I hope he put the tires back on again! :laughabove:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• surfrider sold them to you or helped with the install?

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Shew mine need to be done all the way around. Just don't have the time or money. I shouldn't have read this thread to remind me. :bang: :cuss:

• How much? I know my rears need totally redone they are shot. I think I need some bigger brakes for the bigger tires too. I think my rotors are good up front maybe some pads. I don't know, I've done one brake job when I was 16 with another guy and I couldn't tell you anything about them lol. :doh:

• decent front pads should run less than $30
    thatll do both sides

the rear shoes again r less than $30
    will do both sides

we had the rotors turned for around 35 bucks iirc
    a new spring kit for the rear to do both sides is around 15 bucks

takes longer to have the rotors and drums turned than it does to actually do the pads and shoes
    have to drop them off and wait for them to call we they are done

• How bad were the rotors and drums? I generally don't turn them unless they're grooved badly. I know they can warp from heat during regular use but I've never had any issues. I guess I'm easy on my brakes.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The guy who turned them said the rotors were okay this time, but they were right at the tolerance so next time I'll need new rotors. I haven't had new brakes since I bought it (32K now has 58K) so I wanted to be safe and have the drums and rotors turned anyway. It was only $10 each for rotors and $8 each for drums - a lot cheaper than new ones.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Man they don't make them like they used to. The rotors on my CJ are 27 years old and must have 140,000 miles on them (as far as I know). Actually, I did replace one 12 years ago now that I think of it.

The next time I rotate the tires or do the bearings I guess I should check the rotor thickness. ???

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!