GWNF...the Cliff Notes version

• Only important times and locations here please!

CAMP PEOPLE
    The only group set up so far is leaving Chris Koran's place on Rt.8 in Dover (PM him for specific directions) at 9:00am Friday (Sept. 10) morning. The group is stopping along the way to meet Keith_C on Rt.301 (PM him for that location and time).

Friday, Sept. 10th, 9AM - Quadna's place:
    DrJ
    Keith C
    DISH
    BBD/Eddie
    jwalk
    Wanderlust
    Knucklehead (DE4WD)

Friday, Sept. 10th, 5PM - Dover (TBD):
    DEJeepman
    matty427 (leaving 9pm-hotel)
    robsergeant81
    KJ04
    Icky/Quadna (maybe)

HOTEL PEOPLE:
    For those who like hotel camping, 2 so far will be staying at:

Harrisonburg-Days Inn James Madison Univ/Civil War Sites
    1131 Forest Hill Road
    Harrisonburg , Virginia 22801
    United States
    540-433-9353 $63.00 a night

We will leave sometime between 6:00 and 7:00pm from Newark. Check with Kenny (Fly-N-Hi) for details on that group leaving Friday night.

Friday, Sept. 10th, 6:30PM - Newark:
    Fly-N-Hi (hotel group contact person)
    Fly-N-Hi's guests w/Jeep
    Omaha
    claymont-hillbilly

Once again, as you decide your departure group, email me so I can add you here. These people are looking at this list to see who to wait for. If you're not on THIS LIST, you could be left behind. If you need directions to get yourself to GWNF, go back to the 15 page thread and scroll around.

If you're coming in Saturday morning (Sept. 11th), I strongly suggest you hook up with Kenny (Fly-N-Hi) NOW to make arrangements to meet him at the hotel for the trip to the trailhead. Less chance of being separated and missed that way.

DrJ

• Don't forget...this ride qualifies for DeJA Trail Badges! If you haven't joined yet, send your checks to Paul right away, you must be a member to get Trail Badges. Dues is pro-rated, so sign up for the remainder of 2004 CHEAP!

DrJ

• well the boss (at work) pulled me aside last night and told me that I wasnt going to be able to take leave for the ride so me and hte wife wont be making this ride :sad:

on the positive side this makes room to get the jeep 100% and ready for a october ride to paragon. you all have fun and see you on a ride this year I promise

• If you book your room through the Days Inn website the rate as of this morning is $55.50 per night.

We will be leaving Dover Friday night after work if anyone is interested in getting a second Dover caravan together. I am flexible on time and departure location.

• Just wonder if you folks going to wheel at Stateline trail? I'd love go back there especially in the Fall. It may not be this time since it falls on the Sept 11 weekend, we need to go to NYC for special service.
    a
    We will never forget ............ :cry:

Later,

• Quote from "DrJ"

Tell us more about this trail...
    DrJ

Stateline trail is located on the very north side of GWNF directly west of DC where I81 and I66 meet. The trail runs along on the top of the mountain ridge dividing VA and WV. Fall is a perfect time to run this trail. At the end of the trail, it has an open area to have lunch and enjoy the nice vista from both sides.

The trail is narrow and off chamber “at all time”. But stocker with a good driver can go thru without problems. Don’t run this trail in the rain or snow and make sure there is no oncoming traffic since there is no room to let anyone to pass.

There are numbers of good write up, but I don’t have the links any more. Contact Jackie from OCC for more info. It is also wise to find out if other group running the trail from folks in OCC. You don’t want to have a traffic jam in the middle of nowhere.

Peters Mill is another easy trail in the area. For areas further south of GWNF, check out Shoe Creek and Big Level. It is beautiful country there. Please stay on the trail, pack in and pack out. Have fun and be safe.

Later,

• When, When, When???? :shrug:

For how long???

Would love to join the group. Don't see any posted dates and length of time for trip. Just Friday. Which Friday?

GWNF is my favorite place. Bring chain saw! You'll need it! There are many trails at GWNF. Any ATV designated trail is allowed to be treked by jeeps.

Already own map.

Which nights at hotel?

• Pretty sure it's Sept. 10th through the 12th.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Sorry, the title of the thread is "It's Official...GWNF Stocker Trail Ride- September 11. Thought that kinda said it. I went back and added dates to the Cliff Notes lists.

Go to the Event Calendar for Sept. 10/11/12.

DrJ

• BTT

Please... if you signed up on the calendar, pick a time/group and let me know when you're leaving on Friday or Saturday. If you signed up and now you're NOT going, let me know that, too. There are a lot of people on the Event Calendar who haven't spoken up as to when they're leaving.

If you have a question not answered on the threads, PM/email me.

DrJ

• My wife and I and the kids are going down on Thursday night. We are staying at our timeshare in harrisonburg though. I was wondering if you all are going on a ride on Friday evening if someone could call me on my cell when you get into the area so I can meet up with you. Saturday Morning I'm meeting up at the hotel and following those guys out to you.
    Thanks
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• We're hoping to get ride in Friday, once the campsite is set up. If we leave at 9AM, we'll get there around 2PM, so maybe we can squeak a short one in. Cell phones don't work in the forest, so we can't really call. Did you fiqure out how far from us your timeshare is?

DrJ

• I'm only about 5 minutes from the hotel everyone is staying at. What I meant was give me a call when your getting into the area so I can follow you over to the camp site and see where you all are at. Either that or I bought the map #791 maybe you could tell me where your at and I'll find you on my own about 3 or 4 o'clock.
    Either way is okay.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!