? for the TJ Guys

• I noticed that many of the guys sing a bb also do a mm lift and body lift...are these necessary or can you just do a 2" bb? Thanks.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• I noticed that many of the guys sing a bb also do a mm lift and body lift...are these necessary or can you just do a 2" bb? Thanks.

the motor mount lift helps keep the fan and radiator shroud in l line for the body lift. the budget boost can be done by its self....

• I have both a BB and a BL/MML so that I can put 33's on in the future. Like everyone else said the BB can be done alone, but the BL should be done with a MML to prevent the fan hitting the shroud. Also you could do a BL/MML alone, but I'm not sure why you would.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Like everyone else said the BB can be done alone, but the BL should be done with a MML to prevent the fan hitting the shroud.

actually JKS tells u how to adj the fan shourd if u dont do a mml
    a b/l can be done w/o a motor mount lift with no ill affects

ask urbancrawler

• i wouldn't rush to say that the MML should be done with the body lift. you can just as easily (actually, easier in most cases) lower the radiator shroud either by redrilling the mount holes or using the sometimes-supplied drop brackets to lower it. the reason so many do put in the MML when putting on a body lift is because you not only align the radiator shroud around the radiator fan, but you are also re-aiming the transfer cases's output shaft downward towards the rear axle. this helps out with your driveshaft angles and can often keep you from having to install a transfer case drop kit.

long story short - the MML isn't a must when you do a body lift, but it's an option that will also have drivetrain benefits in the end.
    chris

• Thanks for the input...looking at a TJ this weekend and wanted to what would need to be done for a small lift...

1990 YJ, 4&quot; Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• The BB is great, but if I had to do it all over again I would have just saved up more money and done a 3" spring lift and stuck with that, rather then the BB, and possibly having to lift he body for bigger tires in the future. Just a thought. The difference in price was big enough for me just to settle with a 2" BB.

• after looking at options I ended up going with the OME 2 1/2" springs. the pakcage came with shocks and t-case drop if you need it. The price was more than the BB but I love it now. When all was said and done i ended up with a little over 3 inches of lift. 33x12.50's fit with no problem on the street. mild rubbing on the trail but a 1" body lift is gonna fix that in the next few weeks............

• I'll never do a body lift... I just don't like the idea of separating the frame from the body any more than it is by design. If I ever go bigger than 33's (doubtful), I'll do it with springs and a proper lift.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!