Need some Opinions

• ok well i decided that i had a few extra dollars and want to see what you guys would recommend to do with it....need to say under $150.00......right now the jeep is stock as could be. I already have a 2.5 kit waiting to be put on.... Things i was thinking on getting ::

skids...
    discos or save for currie anti-rock...
    save for locker...
    or anything else you guys would recommend...

• Skid plates :up:

Learn to drive it stock then lift it.

• thats why i havent put the lift on it yet... so i can learn how it handles stock.........which skids do you guys recommend also......there so many companies and kinds

• does anyone make like a package deal with skids? OK so it seems to be a consenes that I need a engine skid....any other skids i should get while i'm at it? FWIW in the future i do plan on going belly up as well

• The rock-it kit I got has worked out well. Its 2 diff sliders and an oil pan skid. Its not as good as a whole engine skid, but the oil pan skid has worked well so far.

Its a debate also whether or not to go with a steering skid. I did, just so I didn't have to worry about it. The future I plan on a radiator skid for the same reason, just so I don't have to worry. Also, from what I've seen the stock gas tank skid is kinda weak.

Kilby or Skid row seem to be what a lot of people use and recommend.

• well if i go with just an oil skid which is one of the better ones......also which tie rods should i upgrade to? I found these at FULLCIRCLE :: Steel tie rods made from .313 wall (5/16) dom tube. Fits TJ and XJ
    $65.00 Each +tax $ free shipping includes jam nuts. Or should i go with an aluminum one?

• Skid-row or nth degree makes a good skid plate, the warn's downfall is it is only 1/8" plate but it is better than nothing ....as far as tie-rods, the steel one from full circle is fine, just like the big-daddy.. I tend to stay away from aluminum stuff as I have seen too many crack or just not bend back like they are supposed to...

• ok Well after some review and thinking these are the skids that i plan on getting in the next month: LCA (bolt on or weld which ever is better i do have a professional welder to help), Steering, Front and rear Diffs, Full engine skid, Tummy Tucker/transfer skid (which if i do this will i need an sye and drive shaft?)......

The only thing that i have to figure out now is what brand to go with. these are the companies that i have in mind: Skid row, Mikegreen4x4, Nth Degree, Jeep Medic, Kilby, Warrior or any others that you would recommend. Remember that i would like to try and staying on the cheaper side of things but do want quality. I would prefer direct bolt ups except for the LCA i can have welded by a pro.

• With a tummy tuck you need to do a 1 1/4" bl and possibly a mml. I am not sure but I remember there being a discussion on the tummy tuck thing and being able to still run an engine skid. Skid rows seem to work great. Diff skids are important, especially in the front. I would get the weld-on lcas and save money. Aslo with a tummy tuck and 2.5" lift, a sye/cv will most liekly be needed.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Well it seems your a little bit over $150. But if you want I have a Tie rod here that I bought from Black Rubi for $100 and I never used it. I ended up buying a used Curry set up from Ian.

I'll let it go for $80 if you want it.

Let me know

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• :doh: i know i went over budget but it'll be ok i was able to score up some side jobs to help with financing. As far as the tie tod i think that i might wait on that till after the skids. :shrug: oh and concerning the body lift it should arrive on thursday if he ships it today but i'm gonna wait till i have everything together to put it on and just wrech on everything at one time.

• Weld in LCA skids are better, but I'm still gonna go with a bolt on for mine. I'm actaully looking at the skid row that is two pieces that protect where the lca connects. It should give me enough protection for the trails I'm running.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!