Jeep Wave mocked by Local Reporter

• I thought it was a funny article. I think she meant it to be humorous. Others will take it that way, but who cares? How could it not be humorous when she twice called her Rav4 "sweet ass Toyota". That's a riot in itself!

Besides, how else would a bunch of pompous, holier-than-thou, snobby Jeepers react but to just brush it off?

HOWEVER, it would be very cool if she would come to a DeJA event, especially the Toy Drive, and give it some attention too!

• I don't look for her to respond but if she does post it up.

Serious question.

I'm sure a rav4 can do entrance road at paragon, if it stayed out of the ruts, do you think one can do a easy green trail?

• I doubt it since the last time i went to rc i was completely stock from factory and i was bottoming out pretty good. IIRC the rav4 sits lower than a stock jeep. And i dont think they have any factory skids....not a good idea. Mine got dented up pretty good doing greens.

• I don't look for her to respond but if she does post it up.

Serious question.

I'm sure a rav4 can do entrance road at paragon, if it stayed out of the ruts, do you think one can do a easy green trail?

a Green 1, probably... a Green 2, only with Donnie driving... a Green 3? prolly not without damage.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I'm sure a rav4 can do entrance road at paragon, if it stayed out of the ruts, do you think one can do a easy green trail?

I was on a DeJA sponsored trip to PAP a couple years ago and we saw a group of at least 3 CRVs running Coal Road. If they can do it then a Rav4 shouldn't have much trouble but I doubt it'll go were the ole Zuki'll go. :innocent:

You think you RAV4 qualifies for a wave from people driving REAL 4x4s? Did you know of the "OTHER" wave? It's for all other non-jeepers, using one particular finger. You figure it out.

Have a nice day. Try a trail sometime in your toy.

Joe

That was not mine. Too mean spirited for me.

I am glad to hear they got a few responces :innocent:

• what about inviting her to jeep for joy? let her see what jeepers do other than wave to each other . give her a chance to see the club . let her write it up in spark .

• what about inviting her to jeep for joy? let her see what jeepers do other than wave to each other . give her a chance to see the club . let her write it up in spark .

I was wondering about stuff like this. Does anyone ever let the press know what DEJA does for the area. The clean ups and toy runs and turky collection.... I think it would be more benificial to the club if the public saw you were doing this stuff. Maybe I have missed it, but I have never seen anything about the club except on this site.

• Just so you all don't crap your pants worrying, the letter I sent was very friendly, telling her a bit about the club, what it does, what it stands for, and inviting her to come along anytime she might like. I inadvertantly deleted the sent message from my email, so I can't post it, but it was professional and friendly.

• Perhaps we can put out a press release

but they may ignore it they don't want the good news just dirty laundry.

thats a good point, but its a chance. I just think that 20 jeeps at the canal clean up is a great thing. we need people to see that kind of stuff. Maybe next year incress it a little. Print some flyers stating that DEJA is hosting a clean up and get more people out side of the club involved. That will get more done, get it into the public more, and hopefull draw some press attention. try to get them to do a pre and post story on it.

I run a website on events and I would be willing to post stuff about it( I have something up for the toy run now). I do a lot of work out at the bars were I hand out 3x4 cards to people so they can come see photos from all the events. I am now selling ad space on the back of the cards. I would be willing to donate some space on the cards to help get the word out.

• ps sorry to go off topic

You should know by now we don't do that here! :)

As far as press releases, which is why I was responding, things do get sent out to all of the DE newspapers, radio stations, and DE & Philly TV stations. Unfortunately, we don't get to pick what they feel is interesting to write about. The Toy Drive got some coverage from the News Journal a few years back, but since they they have never responded. My ex-neighbor, who works for them, said they generally only cover a story once. Sad I thought, but I think they look at it as trying to get free advertising. (which I was trying to do).

• Press is good.. i knew and know some people who work in different media venues... in order to get an article there has to be something notable.. or heartouching.. or poignient about an event.. thats what gets stuff covered.. my mom used to write press releases for "The book and the cook" and the mushroom festival.. she showed me some stuff about what gets read and what doesn't you have to remember there are hundereds of events all trying to get the public's attention.. im not saying get midget tossing.. but there should be something that grabs attention in the PR you send out.. something that makes the person say wow i want to cover this..
    same thing can apply when you approach a group or buisiness for title sponson
    just my 2 cents

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!