INSPECTION - OVERALL RESULT - FAIL

• INSPECTION - OVERALL RESULT - FAIL - Airport rd DMV

I knew going in I would fail, but it still sucks :doh: These are easy fixes and I am ok with the DMV doing their job, not a big deal just thought I would share a failure since everyone seems to be posting success stories with their inspections.

1. Plate Light
    2. Windshield (The only sticker on the jeep)
    3. Reflectors (my LED side markers which I installed yesterday aren't reflective)

I was worried about the 37's on 15x10's sticking out past the flares a few inches. Also, no 3rd brake light. I initially failed the brake inspection (8.8 w/ disks / propo valve), but they were cool enough to help me pass . Reverse lights must not be needed in Delaware because the guy guided me back to test the brakes again and he said nothing about them not being there. Overall, not too bad I guess.

-jason

• I haven't had plate lights for years and they never say anything. Don't have reverse lights either, although I want to set up some spot lights back there. I hate backing up when it's dark outside.

I got popped for side lights not working the last time too.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I passed the light, blinker, brake and such where you get checked at the beginning of the lane. There shouldn't have been an issue. But I didn't pass the brake test my first pass. The guy guiding me back to the start of the brake test noticed the LED's and absence of reverse lights. So about 4 guys stood around me jeep talking about the lights. I think if I didn't already have a failure for the windshield sticker I would have been ok. So they just added on to the list. No big deal.

• Sorry to hear about it, Jason! You should have gone to the Rt. 13 location. :doh:

I don't have any license plate lights, my windshield stickers are larger and more numerous, and my LEDs and side markers are not reflective. In addition to all my other potential failures....

• Sorry to hear about it, Jason! You should have gone to the Rt. 13 location. :doh:

I don't have any license plate lights, my windshield stickers are larger and more numerous, and my LEDs and side markers are not reflective. In addition to all my other potential failures....

Way to rub it in! :laughing: I knew I should have gone to the other location... a little thing called work had me on a time schedule. I thought the wash and wax I put on the jeep over the weekend would have been enough for a PASS .

• It's hit or miss. When I went with Artie to get my old TJ inspected, they didn't give me any hassle with my rear
    LED's. No plate light (wasn't wired up), no reflectors on the sides (just marker lights).

They did fail it for the Front Flat Fenders and no side turn signals up front. Maybe they were just concerned about the 35's sticking way out! :doh:

We did have about 4 guys standing around talking about the Jeep! (Not a good thing!)

Joe

• I'm in PA, so we only have the option to pay a mechanic to do our inspecitions. Which is better in one way because a lot more slides, but also they can fail you give a a bil for like $500 worth of work and your only choice is to take it so where else, that will probably charge a repair charge also.

All of this talk really goes to show what a load of complete B.S. the whole inspection process is. If it were true that the laws are all there to make driving the safest it could be then you would think those doing the inspections would want safe roads so they would fail everything. It's obvious the whole process is really a waste and doesn't accomplish much except possibly catching some people with horrible cars that don't realize they are really unsafe. Everyone else will either have a car that passes, or figure out some other way to get it passed. It's a giant waste to have loads of people employed by the state that in reality don't do their job well.

Sorry for the soapbox, just needed to get that out. Its almost election day and it always gets me fired up about this kind of stupid garabage.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!