Lift

• Im trying to decide on lift stuff for my 1997 TJ. Should I go start simple with a body lift? and maybe a budget boost? I dont want to go over 3 in for now. what kind of a difference does a body lift make in ride and handling characteristics?

thanks

• people on the RE 3.5 run 33's mostly..

as for a lift.. it really depends on what your going to be doing and what your looking to do with it as far as wheeling goes.

If your not after tackling monster rocks and obstacles..and are looking for a step in the right direction i would do the RE BB and a JKS 1.25 BL..i have the bodylift ordered right now..and it will be put on later this week when it comes in.. ill show you pics after i get it on to see if you like the looks.

Currently im running 33's with just the BB

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• if you post up on here people are more than willing to help. the 3.5 in RE kit is actually more like 4.25 and a little more if you have the 4 banger. i am running 33's on my RE 3.5s but i could fit bigger it just depends on what you want to do, if i were you i would wheel it stock first and learn what you want to do with it if you want to just have bigger tires and have it look good a body lift and budget boost will work fine.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I am slick's mechanic and do all of his work for him. If you do not want to be bothered with it all, contact myself or DaMutt (tony). He owns Da Mutts offroad and does installs and such...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Well I helped a friend/mechanic put the lift on my xj and it was pretty simple because had a lift and such. But I would most likely get it done somewhere. What does Da Mutt's charge for installs? and can he get the parts? I would most likely be doing this in January or February.

• I am slick's mechanic and do all of his work for him. If you do not want to be bothered with it all, contact myself or DaMutt (tony). He owns Da Mutts offroad and does installs and such...

:spinrhead: :driving:..hey i try to do half the work.. or my share too!! im gettin better with the mechanical knowledge side of me.. you all just wait :suspicious:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• If you get it done, be sure to see what's going on and ask questions. I had people help me with mine because I had no idea what I was doing but after seeing everyone in action, I had a much greater understanding of how the suspension worked.

• Well I helped a friend/mechanic put the lift on my xj and it was pretty simple because had a lift and such. But I would most likely get it done somewhere. What does Da Mutt's charge for installs? and can he get the parts? I would most likely be doing this in January or February.

I did that previously and your right, It helps a lot with the understanding of how it works and you get to learn more about your jeep.

I have an understanding of how to do it, just not many of the tools and I dont want to attempt this without a lift.

• Plan your tire size, then your lift. I don't want to regear and have to drive it around town (when it runs) so I planned on sticking with 31's for a while a 2" BB is all you need for that. If you plan on going up tire sizes soon plan the lift on the biggest tire size you want. If you do it that way you won't have to trade up for high lifts later.

2" can clear 32" tires (I've heard some people running 33's for on-road use only, but I've never seen it)

If you plan on running anything larger then 32's get a larger lift now.

• I feel the same way, my jeep is plenty capable as of now and I run 31s stock. with a bb I can still run 32s and look good. BTW what is the deal with your jeep- why is it always broken? Ive never had any serious problems with mine b4.

how many miles do u have?

• oh your jeep will break.. just a matter of time.. lucky me broke a series of things in what a week ed?

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• With my setup I am able to easily run the more difficult blues and a couple blacks at Paragon. Only rubbed the fender once and did no damage. The driver is definitely the limiting factor in my Jeep right now... ;D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!