Lift

• I feel the same way, my jeep is plenty capable as of now and I run 31s stock. with a bb I can still run 32s and look good. BTW what is the deal with your jeep- why is it always broken? Ive never had any serious problems with mine b4.

how many miles do u have?

70,000, and milage has nothing to do with it breaking. I run 31's and follow people like Ed and Donnie around and I also blow at driving compared to most of the people I wheel with. Tiny jeep + poor driving decisions = tow home. If I stick to the green trails and pay attention though I've had some great runs at RC, but most of the time I aim for the mud pits I don't belong in.

31's will keep you on-road well, but it also doesn't get you through the mud or over the rocks well. Both major trail problems were mud.

You can run whatever you want, if you wheel there's a chance it's going to break.

• [/quote]

70,000, and milage has nothing to do with it breaking. I run 31's and follow people like Ed and Donnie around and I also blow at driving compared to most of the people I wheel with. Tiny jeep + poor driving decisions = tow home. If I stick to the green trails and pay attention though I've had some great runs at RC, but most of the time I aim for the mud pits I don't belong in.

31's will keep you on-road well, but it also doesn't get you through the mud or over the rocks well. Both major trail problems were mud.

You can run whatever you want, if you wheel there's a chance it's going to break.

[/quote]
    Oh yea itll break sometime(probably soon), But in comparison to my xj I dont have many problems yet and I pretty much only wheel in mud because I havent had a chance to go up to the big boy parks yet.

• 2" can clear 32" tires (I've heard some people running 33's for on-road use only, but I've never seen it)

Slick is running 33" tires and a 2in BB

What engine do you have? What Kind of jeep are we looking at? Know what axles you have under it?

Honestly, tire size was the last thing on my mind. I still have great power with 3.73 gears and 33's.....and a 6cyl automagical. Do you have a 4cy or 6cyl?

• me too. with no rub problem.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• I did that previously and your right, It helps a lot with the understanding of how it works and you get to learn more about your jeep.

I have an understanding of how to do it, just not many of the tools and I dont want to attempt this without a lift.
    [/quote]

you do not need a lift. Some decent jack stands work very well. I think that after doing so many on jack stands I would prefer it that way. I have probably installed 7 or 8 lifts on stands, and have had mine on the stands doing several different things to the suspension. Give Tony a pm and I am sure that he will get back with you with a decent price... If youwant to just have a wrench party to where you can actually learn something, then post that up after you get the lift in hand. There are several knowledgable people that could help you out. (it does seem as if the club has calmed down on wrenchfests lately though)

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• hey I am tony and I would be willing to help you out. I did the lift on quantum73s jeep and now have access to a 2 post and single post lift. you can stay and watch and learn as we do this. i have no isssues with that at all...as far as price goes .... welll you have a pm...

• i would suggest them as with the 6 cyl springs and 1.75 spacer you'll net around 2.5" which with factory shocks really isnt that good......

• Would I need shocks if I went with 6cyl springs and 1.75in spacers?

i would suggest them as with the 6 cyl springs and 1.75 spacer you'll net around 2.5" which with factory shocks really isnt that good......

Yea....the 6cyl springs and the 1.75 spacer...your gonna need some shocks.

Bob Supplee can hook you up with some good Doestech shocks.... and he can hook you up with a spacer.

Why 1.75? I would just go a full 2 inch BB and the cyl springs and net about 2.5-3inches. Teraflex is a true 2inch spacer.

I bought my Teraflex kit from him...

• Right around there....for a combination. OME is the best shock IMO that you can get.

Doestech is a good shock, but its a little rough. A little stiffer than shock IMO....

$30 a piece sounds right aroudn there. Slick just went through all this, maybe he'll post some of the prices he had.

• I Just Pm'd slick to see what he paid, Btw i should be able to runn 33s with that setup right?

i think?? you'd be limited off road a little bit I think......and if you can't you can spend a $100 and get a 1inch body lift.

I think the 6cyl springs should give you the extra you need....but someone else can confirm.

• I like the looks of your setup

i will have that set up here shortly.. and am planning a beach trip weather depicting this weekend.. maybe we could get up and you could check it out and see how you like it?

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: i cracked a smile on that one joo

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• As far as shocks go, the shocks i got came with the BB that i got from Muddpuppy (sp :doh:)..i do have a brand new RE shock that they include with their BB set ups sitting in my garage from a deal that went sour. Anyways, i think the set up that you should be looking at.. is something along the lines of what im pursuing or will have here in a few days (DHL tracker says friday :driving:) and i will have the jks 1.25,and with the BB and the 6 cyl springs already on.. well i think thats about it for a few months maybe.. discos soon though!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!