inspection

• what all do i need to make a vehicle pass inpection? i know brakes, emissions, brake amd tail lights, blinkers, ect. what else am i forgetting? horn? wipers? is this stuff needed? will 5pt harnesses pass for seat belts?
    i dont have a port for thier computer to plug into, does that matter? even if the motor is almost new model year?

school me cause i have an idea.

• Windows need to go up and down, they never check actually check seat belts, wipers need to work, side marker lights need to work if the vehicle came with them, horn, all lights, they don't check reverse lights if they aren't there :up:, emissions (tail pipe or plug in), braking performance....that's about it. If the vehicle didn't come with a plug in then they won't look. They will pressurize your gas cap though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Chris, which vehicle? The one you're building from scratch? I think that would be a longshot to become street legal. :innocent:

If you're talking about a different vehicle, the answer is nothing, you just have to go to the same guy that inspected and passed BlueJ! :doh:

Andrew :laughing:

• That would be the blind guy, right?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• If the vehicle didn't come with a plug in then they won't look. They will pressurize your gas cap though.

FWIW as long as you keep it a 'YJ' you'll be fine as all post '96 vehicles are REQUIRED to have a functioning OBDII port as they were originally equipped as such from the factory. If they can't scan it you will fail...unless you're registered in Sussex county in which case the rules are more lenient.

--Ian

• You're in Sussex county. Or is Lewes still Kent?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• damn when i went there they did all kinds of diagnostics to my 2000 tj and 1991 cherokee

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!