Where to find 4.0

• Im looking for a 4.0 engine. Im runnin on the stupid 2.5 right now and its just so underpowered. Especially on the hill I have to take to get to work. With the pedal to the floor i might get up to 35 or 40. Im regearing this weekend but I was planning on dropping in a new engine sometime soon. Anybody know where to find a 4.0 engine for a tj? its just a 99 Se wrangler

• deff go with gears and then see whats up. Even if you have the bigger motor, you will still be suffering with the 3 spd auto, if anything i'd look for and ax5 and swap out the tran's and keep the s.5l, i love my 2.5, and yes i have the auto tranny too, if i find an ax5 or 15 cheap enough, i plan on doing the swap too.

• I have an ax-5 for sale 98TJ. You guys would also need to change out the input gear to the transfer case. From a 21 spline to a 23 spline

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• yeah def wait i am running 4.88's and it is fine on the highways and hills.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I just talked to a guy this weekend who rolled his YJ a few years ago and wants to part it out. I remember him saying it has a 4.0 but I don't know about the transmission.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!