C&D Canal Clean-Up- Oct. 17th

• DeJA's 3rd C&D canal clean-up will be on Sunday, October 17th. All details are not complete at this time, but generally we will meet at a location and move everyone to the access roads for the area we are to clean up. This was mentioned at the Sept. meeting.

Those of you who have done these in the past are familiar with the routine, so please add anything you can think of that I've forgotten.

We are probably doing a new area this time, on the North side of the canal, in the areas immediately east and west of the Summit Bridge (on 896). We will need people to bring trailers and/or pick ups if you have them. Volunteers are responsible for their own beverages, and the club will provide a pizza lunch. We will meet at 9am at a locationt to be posted later, get everyone to the area, and break up into 2 groups who will move to the end of our clean up area, and work back towards the bridge. The C&D Canal Project Office will either provide a roll-back dumpster, or give us a specific area to pile up the trash that they will pick up later.

Recommended attire:
    -long pants and boots
    -long sleeve shirt (or jacket as weather requires)
    -hat
    -work gloves

(If anyone here works for a company that could possibly donate trash bags, or gloves, or any equipment useful for this event, please send me a PM)

There are sticker bushes and overgrown areas that we'll be dealing with, so use common sense to reduce the risk of injury.

More information will be coming, please sign up on the calendar for this event.

• Ill be there.... I may want to ride shotgun with someone from dover it will be a long day for me and I would prefer nt to have to drive home

• We have a family event that sunday, thought it was going to be earlier in the month.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• This sounds like fun! Where do I sign up???

• Looking into shirts for this event. There's alot going on right now (family-wise and club-wise), so I'm not positive they can be done, but I hope to have them.

Paul

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

What do I need to bring?
    What do we do w/ the trash we collect?
    where do we take it?
    Do I need to bring any money for disposal?

You need to bring yourself wearing appropriate clothes, something to drink, and a pair of work gloves.

We load the trash onto trailers...

... and put it in a dumpster on site.

No money is needed :tup:

• A few pictures from last year's event:

Loading a trailer:

A full dumpster (some CRAZY looking trash in there) :) j/k JeepSahara

Some of the group:

I'm getting psyched about this year's cleanup!!! :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!