Light the Night Update

• The Light the Night Walk at Dupont Hospital raised over $100,000.00. There were also over 1600 people that came out to the walk. We had a total of 15 people representing our club. Everyone that attended recieved out Club Toy Run T-Shirt. There were a few local politicians that were there and they were given information about our toy run. We also handed out alot of our toy run flyers throughout the night. Brian Little(BDLSTOY) picked up another sponsor ship for our toy run.
    There was free water, free soft pretzels, and free pork sandwiches. You could also buy hotdogs, soda, italin ice.
    We as a Club raised over $500.00. Everyone that attended the event was given a duffle bag full of items. Those items consisted of a t-shirt, towel, hat, lunch bag, bobble head doll, and a computer radio. All these items were compliments of MBNA.
    A special thanks to Brian Little and his wife Nichole for the use of his canopy.
    The following is a list of everyone that either donated and/or attended the event.

John Brereton (Slimer), wife Cathy, and kids Mike and Christina
    Matt Edwards (Claymont Hillbilly)
    Brandon Allen (BlazinWrangler)
    Melissa Sayers
    Walt Powell (Buzzardbaittoo) (who donated over $100 individually!!)
    Paul Handler
    Jerrod Bates (JBates)
    Brian Little (BDLSTOY), wife Nicole, Mackenzie and Taylor
    Patty Sullivan (Patti)
    Paul McCullough (wanderlust)
    Ian Clendaniel (Clendaniel)
    Tony Blodgett (DA Mutt), and wife Dawn
    Rob Allen
    Bob Allen (Hurrcane), and wife Barbara (Team Captain ;) )

Thanks To All!

• I think its great that that much money could be raised for one event. What a turn out. You don't realize what 1600 people looks like until its dark and they are all holding a lighted balloon up in the air. It was amazing to me to see such a turn out. Looking forward to it again next year!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I havnt had time to load all the pics. I have been spending all my time looking at jeeps that are for sale If you know what I mean. I'll probally load them tonight.

Bob

• That was before Kristina broke hers and, being the good father that I am, I gave her MY balloon. That's part of parenting I guess...getting the short end of the stick. :question:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!