Deja Ride to RC on 3/24 Trail Report

• Turned out to be an excellent day on the trails with a good turnout!

In attendance yesterday, there were: Altierior, J-man, Whatevah, Mrshaft, Daddanelena, Subvet, a few people from Adam's Jeep and myself.

Once we all were aired down, disconnected and ready to go, we broke off into two groups: Subvet w/ Adam's Jeep crew and myself with the rest of Deja members. Our group started out on trail L3 (blue) which features Drain Plug, a long and deep tank trap. Altierior was the only one in the group willing to try. As he entered in he had to break the remaining ice that was on top of the water and with a lot of back and forth movement, mud flying 30 ft. in the air and a lot of skinny pedal he made it through by himself! We moved onto U3 (blue) which provided a ton of rock gardens and off-camber situations with nobody getting hung up. From there we headed over to trail 1 where the Adam's Jeep crew was just starting so we made our way over to trail 2 (blue). Prior to starting the trail we had to Mcguyver Altierior's electric fan. With the help of J-man and MrShaft, they were able to bypass the harness and hard-wire the fan to the battery, eliminating the overheating problem! Trail 2 gave a variety of obstacles that everyone conquered and had a blast on! We had to cut Trail 2 short due to another group ahead with breakage so we moved over to Crawler Ridge to break for lunch.

After lunch we headed to the south side of the park. We looped around trail S (green) and hit up Lake Christy and tried the multitude of trails around the lake. This is where things got interesting. I attempted the mud hill that I've gotten stuck on twice before and yesterday was no different. I made it most of the way up with only about 4 feet to go when the Jeep was buried at all 4 corners. Short work with the winch and it was time for the next victim.....er...I mean Jeep. Jason attempted the same hill as me with his doorless XJ (that's right...a doorless XJ). He made it up to the same point I got stuck at but reversed and tried it another 5 times with different lines. But each time he tried the hill became more muddy and difficult. Altierior attempted the same hill but after 3 tries moved on. Jason took the vertical exit with the off-camber, "you're going to hit the tree" hill. The remainder of the group attempted the hill on the opposite side of the lake. Jerry was first but with a nasty tree stump in the way, taking out part of his exhaust, he opted to take a different route as with MrShaft. Daddanelena and Altierior gave this hill all they had and both made it up. We cut the south side short using S-2 and making out way over to the West side of the park.

On the West side we started down J (green) to 11 (green) to 10A (blue). 10A is a twisty trail with ton of deep, muddy ruts and hill climbs. Everyone had a blast going through this with little difficulty. From there we finished the other other 2 legs of Trail 10 (b and c). We came back up to H and did a portion of 12C (blue) Jerry and Altierior required some spotting and Jerry walked away with a little body damage on his driver side rocker panel. Coming back down J to H, Jason pointed out a new trail that took you up to Pole Line so we decided to follow. This was narrow, rocky, up hill trail that took us back to the east side.

To finish up the day, we hit the blue section of the pole line with offers 3 routes up (medium, easy, hard). Jason and I took the hard, Altierior & MrShaft took the easy and Daddanelena started up the medium side and made it most of the way up when a nasty snap was heard. As he backed down the hill to reassess the path to take, the passenger side tire and axle shaft started walking out the axle tube. We were able to stop him prior to it falling out! Always seeing pictures of it but never attempting it ourselves, we started to log and ratchet strap method to get Wayne off the trails. Meanwhile my dad (Daveh) took my jeep to pick up our truck and trailer (and Witter to open the gate). We had to winch Wayne up the hill and to the Camp area on C while keeping the log straight on the tire. Once we got him on the trailer and strapped down we headed back to the staging area to air up, reconnect and get trail badges.

All in all it was a great day of wheeling with great people and fantastic weather.

Hope everyone had a good time and post up those pics!

-Chris

My pictures can be found here: http://jeepsahara.org/Rauschcreek032407/

• definately a fun day! :) here are a few pics off of my camera: http://www.delawareja.com/gall…n.php/v/whatevah/rc32407/

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks Chris it was a great ride, it was muddy as hell, i remember flying up that hill at lake christy that jerry got banged up on, everything was a bit more messy than usual, happy i went with M/Ts. Glad you could get Wayne home safely, im sure he was grateful you drove the super jeep sahara home, so he could use the trailer. Great pics.

• I had a blast and cant wait to go back. Jerry I hope you jeeps ok :spinrhead: and good pics. Also Chris thank your pop for his pics. Between the two they document the day perfectly. :up:

• Doorless XJ :o (Unibody - Doors + Flexing = Good luck getting them back on again!). That was a cool fix to hold the tire in after the broken shaft! Great pics. guys, maybe someday I will actually get my junk back together and go wheeling (so says the self proclaimed king of Web Wheeling!).

• Doorless XJ :o (Unibody - Doors + Flexing = Good luck getting them back on again!).

Liston pal nobody talks bad about my junk but me! :D Na realy they work fine (for now) But if they quit workin they will just have to go in the trash :roll:

• Liston pal nobody talks bad about my junk but me! :D Na realy they work fine (for now) But if they quit workin they will just have to go in the trash :roll:

I would NEVER disrespect your "junk" because I've seen the places you take that beast (how in the world it holds up I have no clue!). Why don't you just go get a set of junkyard doors and hack them into a set of custom half doors? :shrug:

• just want to let everybody im up and running thanks to chris he hooked me up with an axle,so im good for next weekend.also thanks again everybody had great time.jerry if need had with your damage just let me know.

Wayne

• nah, I think I've got enough damage for now... (hehe just kidding)

really isn't much, just need to figure out what parts of the exhaust I have to replace. the body damage isn't repairable, so I'm not gonna worry about it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• thanks John! :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• We all met at the staging area with 5 Jeeps coming up from MD.
    As Chris mentioned, we decided to break off into two groups.
    Started out on L3 and picked up Wayne on L3 we headed over to 1 where and Wayne hooked back up with Chris.
    We then went thru to Crawlers Ridge and stopped at Crawlers Ridge to meet Chris group for lunch but we were a little late, saw them pull out as we came in.
    During lunch we watched a Toyota break his drive shaft and getting stuck high centered on a big rock coming down Crawlers Ridge.
    After lunch we headed out to the South Property and ran most of the Greens and Blues to Christy Lake just as Chris's group was climbing their way out.
    Headed to the West Property to play on Big Rocks for a while then ran 10A and 12, took the Power Lines back to the East Property. On the way out we came across Chris Group helping Wayne off the trail with his rear axle.
    It was a great run overall, we ran mostly Blues and were on Greens to transition in between.
    It was the first time out for a few of the Md Jeeps from HCOR, who did well on the Blues.
    One XJ suffered some trail damage…bending one of his shocks to an L shape before it finally broke off on the way out.

Here are some pics:

http://www.delawareja.com/gall…ides/Rausch+Creek/RC0703/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!