Pine Barrens trip report 3/31

• didn't you gowhen you had the ruby as well? And then on the entrance to paragon 2 weeks later your fan clutch blew? on an '05 i would say that is a little bit of a coincidence. Whatever though its your jeeps and money. remember that it is not just the engine and tranny to worry about. Hope that you didn't get mud and water into your diffs and slowly destroying your gears... Good luck!!

Mudding was the direct cause of my fan clutch burning out. Lesson learned: if you're going to mud, remove the belt driven fan & install an electric fan with a kill switch.

Mud & water definately got into my diffs & trans. Lesson learned: always replace your fluids after mudding. Long term plan is to extend all the breather tubes higher

I went through 3 air filters yesterday (thanks for the 3'rd conner). Lesson Learned: bring more air filters & save up for a snorkel.

My jeep is a wreck today, but I abused the piss out of it yesterday, and I couldn't be happier. That's why I sold the rubicon and got a non-daily driver jeep, so I wouldn't be held back by all this common sense & logic.

The hardcore rock crawlers here blow thousands on beefier axles, chrome molly axle shafts, and enough raw steel to armor a humvee in iraq. Spend your money on whatever makes you happy. ;D

• Agreed Tom. Beater Jeeps are the greatest. :laughing:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Slick,

cant swear, but if your TJ still has a dist cap, pull it, dry off the inside with a paper towel and then spray some WD-40 in it. Should fix your problem...have had it before. and you have to use WD-40, as you are not using it as a lube, but for its water displacement qualities.

hope that helps

• hey i appreciate the help, it threw code 24, meaning the TPS, so i replaced that, and the distributor cap, and wires, plugs, and rotor.

Runs like a champ now.. for now.. :roll:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I wasn't knocking you guys for mudding I just stated that it's not for me. I had a blast doing it until I blew my first tranny. Since then I've stuck to rocks. I'll still do the occasional mud but only to get back to a good rock spot :doh:

To each there own. Just build the best rig you can for whatever you want to run. :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I wasn't knocking you guys for mudding I just stated that it's not for me. I had a blast doing it until I blew my first tranny. Since then I've stuck to rocks. I'll still do the occasional mud but only to get back to a good rock spot :doh:

To each there own. Just build the best rig you can for whatever you want to run. :up:

It's all good. I just hate hearing the same :bsflag: everytime we get back from Wharton. Not trying to start anything just saying you guys don't have to repeat yourselves a million times. We got the point that mud is not your thing. We love it though! :laughing: :wavey:

I'm with ya on the tranny thing. Getting ready to replace mine in my TJ after that it's no more mud for me! Had a blast while it lasted though.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• zeke where are your pictures :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• zeke where are your pictures :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I didn't take any pictures, only video. I've got some tidbits posted, but can't link em yet as my new job prohibits youtube :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

As soon as I get home I'll post em up. the really good stuff is going to take a bit to put together, video is alot harder then pictures, can't just dump them online....

• thats what i meant.

jerry where are your pictures :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: lol.

• lol why? you were there :-p

they're still on my card. Copesetic might post them, though. if not, I will when I get home.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I will let you post your own pics jerry, but here are mine.

Whole lot of them.
    See them all here
    http://www.traildamage.net/Cop…e/thumbnails.php?album=50

See them all here
    http://www.traildamage.net/Cop…e/thumbnails.php?album=50

only Issues I have after this run is my Passengers Electric seat does not work I just need to run a new hot lead to it... 7 inch run not hard at all and cheep. I had the same issue with the drivers seat a month ago.

Steve.

• oh... forgot about that. :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!