Teaser Pics of Project #1

• :useless:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• A TJ with leaf springs? Isn't that considered a "step backwards" for you TJ guys?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

and my 609 build.

Whats a 609 :doh:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Ford 9" differential with Dana 60 king pin knuckles. Aaron is running them on his competition rig (hense the number 609).

They're supposed to be pretty much bullet proof while maintaining a small differential for more clearance than a Dana 60.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• doesn't it limit flex steer and twisting nd lifting the front left when u gas on it?

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• doesn't it limit flex steer and twisting nd lifting the front left when u gas on it?

all jeeps raise in the back when you hit the gas...the leafs springs will flex the same and be more stable, plus its less crap to fix, no control arms or track bar..

• It's a much simplar set up, as was said, but the on road ride quality will be less. I doubt that is an issue though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• he also pushed the wheelbase back a little.

when I we stretched my yj in the same fashion the on road smoothness over speed bumps and such increased drastically.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!