Not feeling it.

• Ok so a new Wrangler passes me, and waves , :wavey: and I reluctantly wave back, :wavey: but I'm not feeling the wave. :tsk: I am not ready to accept the new wrangelrs. I don't know why, :shrug: they look cool enough, certainly capeable. Perhaps its the new crowd that never would buy a Jeep before they had 4 doors, I don't know, but I'm just not feeling it.

Steve...

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• As someone who uses it as a daily driver AND wants it to be capable off-road, I like it. Not sure I like the 2DR in stock form, the 4DR looks better stock than the 2DR. Mine will be lifted and on 33's in a couple of days, and on its first trail ride next weekend. I'll know much more after that.

• the are a bunch in the smyrna/clayton area. id say 90% of them wave back. but yes your right. they are def the crowd that would have never havent gottn them before. i havent decided whether thats a good thing or not...

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• the 2doors look pretty good stock... the 4doors look awesome lifted, better than the 2 doors IMO. but... I'm a long wheelbase guy. :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• but... I'm a long wheelbase guy. :D

My Scrambler is Long wheelbase, but there is still something thats not clicking. Perhaps they are too nice. Jeeps shouldn't be nice. They always had a certain ugliness that made them cool, Like Jannis Jopplin, Mic Jaggar or Steven Tyler. these new Jeeps are "Pretty"

Steve...

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• It also seems that with the new ones came some dealers who who lift them and add accessories for Customers right out of the dealership. Didn't see much of that before (at least me) but I guess it's a good thing. Just seems to take some of adventure of researching everything and piecing thing together your self. Personally, I love the looks of the 4-door Rubicon stock, even better lifted...................mixed feelings here to I guess and I've only mine 2 yrs.

And I agree they are a little to civilized looking. I keep mine clean and ahve a little bling (polished alloy wheels) but power windows and locks..........................

• I actually like them now, but only with the bigger tires that come with the Sahara and Rubicon packages. I think it's because they fill out the big fender wells that way. I never liked TJs with the stock weeny tires either.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Just seems to take some of adventure of researching everything and piecing thing together yourself.

I got no power options, and I'm piecing mine together just like I did the YJ and TJ. Still just as fun, except not many choices yet. I remember that everyone hated the TJ when it came out too... and the YJ... and the new Cherokee, and first down-sized Grand.

• I remember that everyone hated the TJ when it came out too... and the YJ... and the new Cherokee, and first down-sized Grand.

True. I'm coming around to the new ones, I think the 4 door models look awesome with all the doors and top off. And I agree they look bigger with decent sized tires on it, but the Rubi's now come with 32" tires! I'm still not sure about the new flares, there's something about them...

Also, the Compass is going to take a LONG time to make sense to me.

• I guess like Dr. J said...
    its like the YJ was when it first came out.. and the TJ...
    i wasnt much feeling the square headlights when it first came out.. but after having one.. i got used to it..
    coil springs in a jeep.. still not sure about that one...
    but hey we all have opinions.. right? :driving:

• When I am in my 4dr I always wave its not my first jeep or second or third i have hade a couple, but my wife drives it around and I give her a hard time when she does not wave mine is lifted with 35's so I get alot of looks and waves more now then when in stock form even when I wave to other 4 drs I get some stupid looks so its just new for some. I do hate that you can buy a jeep lifted with 33's it makes it too easy.

• Dealer installed options were always around. In the late 60s and early 70s some dealers did some special things to some of the pony cars to really individualize them and make them faster.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I am now sunburnt from having the top down and doors off these last two sunny days. Side note: I absolutely love half doors, very light. I wave at everyone I see, and have passed a few Jks on the road. I have yet to see a JK 4 door without doors yet. That's one thing I don't like about the new Unlimiteds. I'm lazy, 2 doors are enough for me having to store them in my room (2nd floor) due to lack of space in garage. With the JKs I'd have to make that trip up and downstairs 4 times...

• Do yourself a favor and take the doors off completely. It's a great feeling!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!