XJ Suspension Lift Kits & Tires

• i just got a 1999 XJ Cherokee and im planing to put a 4" lift kit on it
    over the summer for some casual of roading from time to time. I was
    wondering what would be a good & quality (yet not too expensive) lift kit
    brand that could get the job done. I was also debating on whether to get all terrain tires or mud terrain.

• Rubicon express! 3.5" or 4.5" kit depending on how much wheeling your going to do and what size tires you want to run. Same goes for the at's or mt's its personal preference do you mind the noise of mt's? Are you willing to give up a little tread life for a more agressive tire? Do you need a more agressive tire?

Personally my XJ is sitting on a RE 4.5" kit with 2" spacers and 33s

• RE 3.5, definately. It'll give you at least 4 inches of lift (mine is sitting at 4.5" in the front and 5" in the back) and is plenty of room to fit 31" tires without changing the flares. As for the tires, go with BFG All Terrains if you'll be doing mostly road driving. You'll get better gas mileage from them versus mud tires. If you want to go offroad more than once a month (or just dont do a lot of road driving) feel free to pick up a set of mud tires instead.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I have a Tomkin 4.5. :driving:

I feel the kit was of good quality, easy to install and works very good.
    After install it didn't even need a Realinment. :o

I think this kit is way overlooked.

• It is not a long arm kit but you do replace all 4 control arms. And the lower arms are adjustable and have a bend to them. The brackets stay in the stock position. If you want to see it stop by and take a look at the set up.

I now have put in 2" spacers so it is a 6.5" lift.

• I couldn't offer advice on the kit, but the tires you get will set the look for your Jeep. I would go with the MT/Rs, they're so badass looking who cares about anything else :) And that one time you go off roading or what not you won't be worrying if your tires are too hard for the rocks or are not gonna grab in the mud.

Sal

• It is not a long arm kit but you do replace all 4 control arms. And the lower arms are adjustable and have a bend to them. The brackets stay in the stock position. If you want to see it stop by and take a look at the set up.

I now have put in 2" spacers so it is a 6.5" lift.

I was just wondering because i'm sitting on 4.5" coils with 2" spacers and I havn't gotten to drive it much so i wanted to know if it rode ok

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!