DeJA Ride at Paragon - Saturday October 9

• We have another ride scheduled, this Saturday October 9, at Paragon Adventure Park. Please sign up below or on the calendar (CALENDAR LINK).

Meeting place will be the usual, the Wawa on Foulk Road in N. Wilmington (at the corner of Wilson and Murphy). Send me a PM if you need directions. Please be gassed up and ready to go by 6:30. If you are going to meet us up at Paragon, please let me know so we don't wait up for you.

Trail choices will depend on who comes with us and how the weather looks.

See you all there!

• Meeting my passenger and Artie in Hockessin in the AM. Not sure if we will make it to the wawa on 202 or if we will just hop on 95 and head up there. More than likely we will just head up 95 b/c it is closer and we will meet you guys either on the road or up at the Exxon at Paragon.

-Chris

• :upset: :upset: :upset: Grrr...I wanted to be there tomorrow and had planned on it but due to a misunderstanding regarding the trailer I was supposed to bring (I have to pick up the YJ afterwards) I have to now rent a uhaul car trailer in the morning and of course they don't open til 9:30... :down: Hope you guys have fun and I'll definitely be at RC...

--Ian

• What, no trail report, pictures, nothing? Man, you guys are slippin. :laughing:

Let me give this a try.

Sat mourning we all met up at the Exon by Paragon around 9:02 am. Gassed up, aired down, coffeed up, etc. we then headed to the main gathering place where we took turns standing in line to check in. They kept Brian (MOPARTECH)'s licence. Don't know why. we then headed out to the trails. It was your's truly (jeepartie) and my wife, Chris (sparky/jeepsahara) Andrew (blueJ) Frank (Fburna I believe) Brian (MOPARTECH) and Barb. We started out by getting lost, then we turned around alot. Then we headed up whompum i think. By this time I was completely lost. We went down a hill then up a hill, then over some rocks. Next we took a left, then a right. Then I got momentarily hung up on a ledge. Then I was unhung up. then Andrew broke a brake line. Again.
    then we ate lunch. Next we went down a hill and over some more rocks. I think this was a different trail, but I'm not sure. Then some more stuff happened and then Chris got hung up. Bad. It's funny to see all four wheels turn and the Jeep not move. As long as it's not your jeep. Then we went over more rocks, then we left.

That's all. If anyone else can think if I forgot something, by all means feel free to add to it. But I think for my first Trail Report I did quite well
    :rollsmile: :laughing:

• Im glad im not the only one who gets lost getting on to whompum. I wish i could have been there i always carry a spare brake line. By the way artie the detail in your report is outstanding.
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Wow, Artie, if you're trying to get me to write trail reports again, you're almost there :repuke: .

First, we were never lost. Really. You may not have known where we were, but we were never lost :usa: .

For most of the day, we did all three sections of Whompum, including the hills at the begining. Artie was right about the rocks, though, there were plenty. I just rode up everything. I couldn't see what everybody behind me was doing :suspicious: .

We did have some fun on the 3rd (little ridden) section of Whampum, with a large boulder and off camber section, leading out with a sharp drop off. That's where I lost my brakes again (they're over-rated), same brakeline in the same place. As Brian and I clamped it off, everyone else came through that section.

After lunch, we headed down to the trails off coal road - Chicken Run's 3 sections and Drumstick. Everyone made it through Chicken Run well, even the upper section. Although he did well all day, Frank sat out Drumstick. The trail was messed up, with rocks piled in strange places. With some struggles, we all made it up. At the top, JeepSahara blew a brake cylindar, but was able to make it out and home OK.

Then we packed up and headed home.

Thanks everyone!

(We were never lost :rollsmile: )

• Quote from "James"

Artie, with that write-up I nominate you for Trail Boss 2005!!!!! :grin:

Unfortunately I must respectfully decline. Andrew and I are from the same trailboss political partie, So he gets the nomination.

• Quote from "jeepartie"

Unfortunately I must respectfully decline. Andrew and I are from the same trailboss political partie, So he gets the nomination.

Hey, not so fast! I'll second jeepartie's nomination for trail boss 2006 (no election for 2005, last election was for a two year term). I think trail boss may have a super secret term limit requirement.

• Hey Andrew, are you going to run the brake line inside the frame rail this time? If it is the front line I'm pretty sure your tires are ripping it off while flexing.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!