Engine (mounting) Troubles

• sweet idea Pat.

Monte, I'll prolly take you up on the right angle drill. But im using this as a good time to get me a mapp gas torch. if its a ox/acy one i borrow it in case the mapp one aint strong enough.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• ill be over in the morning sometime.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• monte, cody,

i forgot to grab chains to go from the engine hoist to the engine when I picked up the hoist tonight. brainfart i am sorry. monte, do you have any? if so can you send them with cody?

thanks and sorry for missing this!

• its ok. if monte dont got any why can figure some thing out.

• well i wanna start out with a thanks to everyone for helping today. Pat, Rob, and John.

We figured out that it can't be done without pulling the motor. Not enough room for a drill and very hard to get the bit straight for an easy out. All we did today was screw up one the them and it was the easiest one to reach. o well. Thanks again to you guys for helping me out and making me realize further that I NEED MORE TOOLS!!!!

Anybody recommend a shop?

• that was some crazy rain too

• Sorry buddy. Good luck. I think that the out door rec center has a flat bed trailer you can use to tow the jeep to the shop(if you don't want to strap it)

• i got free towing with insurnace

• common problem aeen it alot when i was a tech a a jeep dealer easiest way is to pull the motor and drill and tap. be glad the bosses did not break i have seen this also.

• Why is this a "common problem"? :rolleyes:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Bolts were a week grade steel and the fact that the mounts are bolyed to the engine with 3 or 4 bolts that are widely placed also look at the bosses how far they stick out of the block. there is an after market company that sell replacement mounts that bolt to the block in more locations to spread the load out more.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/more.htm

part number bbxj9101

they are a bit pricey but to prevent the same thing happening again it is worth it
    they have them for xj yj and tj

• imma get me some of those

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!