DE Tidal Water Fishing License FAQ (Required 1/1/08)

• If two people have a surf fishing permit/vehicle license for their vehicles, can the two people go in one vehicle to fish without a special fishing permit? Also, if they take friends along to surf fish, do the friends need a special permit? Only the operator of the vehicle that is permitted may fish without a license on the beach. Any other anglers will need to have a general $8.50 (resident) or $12.50 (tourist) or $20.00 (non-resident) license regardless of whether or not they have another vehicle permit. The exemption in the code is only for the vehicle operator who has the surf tag.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• so as long as you have your surf tag you are fine. Correct?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Well this seems as clear as mud. It sounds like I will need a license for each boat and a surf tag. Anyone that wants to go out crabbing or claming with me will need a license unless we are in one of my boats. Only unlicensed fishing is out 3+ miles in the ocean. I geuss the federal goverment will follow suite and want a fishing license for non migratory game fish next. I just hope the funds from these fees goes to a good cause to help support our sport. It just seems excessive to be implemented all at one time. With the cost of oil at $100 a drum gas could reach $5-6.00 per gallon then maybe Delaware will return to the SL that it used to be. :cuss:

• In the original article that the DFW put out they stated numerous projects that were going to be completed with the increased revenue. Reinstating the Delaware sport fishing tournament is one of them and so is replacing the port mahon pier.

I think that requiring a license for tidal water is one of the best things the state has done in a long time... they're not increasing the fee for residents, they're just telling you to carry the license that most residents already buy every year every time, everywhere you fish. what it does is force the non resident day trippers to buy a license to fish our waters.

as far as the other fees go... Delaware's finally catching up with other states. go on line and do your homework.... these fees are nothing new, they're just new here.

• Why is it that the boat operator gets a complementary GFL but the surf tag operator does not???? Typical DE double standard.

• ??? Ok, just so I have this straight, If I go surf fishing saturday, and my buddy has a surf tag/permit, I just have to bring my general license ($8.50)? Cause he's trying to make me buy a surf permit as well.

• ??? Ok, just so I have this straight, If I go surf fishing saturday, and my buddy has a surf tag/permit, I just have to bring my general license ($8.50)? Cause he's trying to make me buy a surf permit as well.

Correct . If you want to fish you need a GFL .

• Cool, I might just buy on anyways, cause I wanna take the jeep on the beach eventually. :spinrhead:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!