4.2 swap on a yj

• how much problem will i have going from throttle body to carb? i noticed the distributor is the older style and i think the motor mounts will have to move so as not to slide my tranny back. anyone done it? any words of wisdom before i dive in saturday???

• Going back to a carb is a step back isn't it? Just take the stuff off your old engine and put it on the new. It should bolt right on.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• A little mote detail?? One of the problems you might have is the fuel delivery, your tand has a fuel pump putting out fuel under pressure to a TB, a carb will need a mechanical pump run off the engine. Do what it takes to run the TB. Leave carbs for the stupid like me. LOL

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• yeah. i picked up a fuel pressure reg. and i noticed some differences in the distributor and coil, but i think i got them figured out. picked up motor mounts at a junk yard today, so i think all i have to do is get rid of some pesky wires (a lot of them!!!) and move the frame mounts forward.

Going back to a carb is a step back isn't it? Just take the stuff off your old engine and put it on the new. It should bolt right on.

says who?? i have always like the simplicity of the ol 2 barrel carb..... ;D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!