trail ride palnning

• I am not sure how well this will work but I was wondering if there is anyway that we could have a standard weekend that we do trail rides like the 3rd weekend of every month we do a trail ride to either paragon or rauch creek. this would make it much easier for me to get vacation time as it is really hard to get short notice time off. Just wondering it could be done

I was oging to do a poll but again I am not allowed to start one for some reason

• The open rides at Paragon are the first weekend of each month. You could shoot for that. Besides that I think trail rides in general tend to be planned around other events.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I agree with Tony. It would be nice to be able to plan ahead. That said, I understand if may be easier said than done. So many holidays and other events screw up everything else. It is a good thought though and maybe someone could look into it. :hmm:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Tony, that is a very good idea. I am pretty sure that is the reason why Andrew is conducting the Trail Leader training. Neither him nor I are able to come up with a set trail ride schedule due to other events, holidays, and so on. Right now we set up the rides when there is 1) a free weekend and 2) one of us is able to lead it. Once there are more people that are comfortable and qualified to lead rides, there will be more opportunities to go up to Paragon and RC.

-Chris

• yeah that is one of the reasons why I volunteered to be a trail guide sothat therewouldbe 6 or 7 ofus that can do it and maybe we can set something up on a regular basis.

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

I was oging to do a poll but again I am not allowed to start one for some reason

Members are only allowed to create polls in certain forums.

• Quote from "James"

Members are only allowed to create polls in certain forums.

And some members can't create them at all, if they're on "The List". :suspicious:

• Quote from "JeepSahara"

Tony, that is a very good idea. I am pretty sure that is the reason why Andrew is conducting the Trail Leader training. Neither him nor I are able to come up with a set trail ride schedule due to other events, holidays, and so on. Right now we set up the rides when there is 1) a free weekend and 2) one of us is able to lead it. Once there are more people that are comfortable and qualified to lead rides, there will be more opportunities to go up to Paragon and RC.

-Chris

Well spoken weedhopper! :rollsmile:

We do plan the events around other DeJA and outside activities, and I can't committ to a certain day every month. I have always taken requests, though, so feel free to post your preferred dates for rides and I'll do my best to organize them. If you need more notice for requesting vacation days, I can set the calendar a month earlier. Right now I think we're planned through December.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!