wide tires

• is anyone running tires wider than 12.50's on 10inch rims? Looking a tires that are 13.50's or even 14.50's and wondering if I'll need spacers if I have 4.5 inches of lift and 3.65 backspacing. (and bushwacker flares)

• what kinda jeep do you have tj, yj, cj, if cj wide-track or narrow-track axles

on my cj-7 im running 33"x14" boggers on 15"x10" rims with 3 3/4" backspacing and 1 1/2" wheel spacers on narrow-track axles and i still rub with the wheel turned all the way on the spring in reverse only as far as fenders i made clearance for the tires with a sawzall

when i get the chance someday i'll get the rims with the right backspacing. they cost less then good spacers but the ones i got were in good shape for free, and you dont usually find 2" backspacing on 10" rims for sale as they are custom made

• hes running a TJ

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• if you are worried about rubbing you need to look at back spacing and then wheel spacers if you are worried about them sticking out they you need to worry about flares, lift doesnt effect if you rub the control arms or not. if you want a tire like that you nee like 3in of back spacing and possibly a spacer. but then you are putting alot of weight on your ball joints.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I run 14.5's on 12 in wide rims, unsure of the backspacing, but they stick out pretty far. There are positives and negatives. It puts more stress on steering, ball joints, axle u-joints, however I have not rolled it yet.....which is really surprising since most of the guys I wheel with have.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!