• I'm getting ready to buy fender flares for my YJ and I'm looking for some input. I'm leaning toward the Warn flares since I'm not planning to enlarge my rear wheel wells. Best Top are cheaper, but are the any good.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• every yj ive seen that has changed over to TJ flares looks so good.. and the flare gives about an inch or two more clearance. a couple people i know put them on without any wheel well inlarging

• to do the TJ flares properly, you'll be cutting near 3" of sheet metal. not cool.

I've never heard any problems about Bestop flares for YJs or CJs. Another to toss into the mix are the Xenon EZ-mount flares. They shouldn't require any "trimming" either.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• to do the TJ flares properly, you'll be cutting near 3" of sheet metal. not cool.

Mine look damn good and I didn't trim a thing :-\. I just put them on last weekend...with drilling and everything it took about an hour or so ;D. You'll gain a lot of clearance, it's cheap, easy, and oh yeah looks GREAT. Hope this helps..I'll post a pic soon or tmrw. :wavey:

• x2
    trimming 3 inches..... noway,

mine look great and i barely trimmed the rear.

stock tj's

bushwacker 6 inchers

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35" km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• Thanks for the input. I'm running 34-10.50- 15 LTBs on soft 8s. I'm not sure how a 7" flare will look and I don't want to go any larger on the tires since I'm still running dana 30/35s.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• well since you locked your front and rear with 34's its only a matter of time... back to the flares.. you can cut allot of body out that the flares cover, to make room for the 34's but if you go bigger i would suggest tube fenders

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!