06 Rubicon buildup (now with pics)

• Wise in the ways of the force you are.

Take his advice you should.

Chuck (Thinks "Quadna" should be changed to "Yodna")

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• I think you could take the unsafe modifications and the "what ifs" much further. The fact that most of us lift our jeeps and run bigger tires raises the center of gravity on the vehicle anyway. So "what if" you panic swerved and rolled etc. and you had your sway bar connected, but due to the raised center of gravity your insurance company determines you are responsible. Lets face it, most mods make your jeep more unstable and less safe....if the guy wants to run without a swaybar, its his jeep, let him do what he wants. You told him once, if he wants to listen he will, if he doesn't he wont. It would be interesting to see if the insurance companies would do that, because if so, it could be argued that 90 percent of us would be S.O.L.

• thanks vbquick1,,, i don't want to discuss this swaybar issue anymore,,,, lets just say i was amazed at how nice those disconnects that came with the kit are and now i am going to run my swaybar :D. i never brought the whole swaybar thing up in the first place.

i would like to know what exactly i'm supposed to do to adjust the upper control arms on this lift i have. i know i have to turn the nut one way to loosen and one way to tighten,,,but what the driveshaft angles or whatever should be. the instructions said to start .25" to .375" longer than stock,,, but i didn't see what i'm supposed to be adjusting it to.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• one - you mentioned the swaybar first....i just expanded on it. still, its your jeep so you'll do what you want.

two - the length mentioned in the directions really is a good starting point - set them to that length and drive it once all finished to see if you have vibes. if you do, adjust accordingly (meaning lengthen or shorten based upon vibes upon accel or decel - i think it covers it on the last page of the directions). usually a good rule of thumb is to have the rear axle's pinion pointing directly at the output shaft of the transfer case. this will have you pointing just a hair down from the CV joint..and when driving you should end up having it directly in line with the CV shaft. if you want to save time and can afford to have it parked, install the full kit right now keeping the stock springs in it. swap them out when the correct ones arrive, set the pinion angle (length of rear upper arms), and you'll be able to test drive it almost immediately.

• Nice Jeep!!

Do what you can to keep your Jeep as safe as possible please. Mine is lifted and has 35s so there is inherent danger there but we all do what we can to keep them safe. Last thing we want is bad press around a lifted Jeep killing a family of four and then legislation comes down that 4" lift kits and 35s are illegal.

:bang:

• i guess i didn't say this on my last post,,,, but i meant adjusting the front upper control arms. i did see where the rear ones where mentioned in the instructions. i wouldn't think that the front being adjusted wrong would vibrate during acceleration/deceleration though. and yes i will put a freakin sway bar on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!